If a 61-year-old man on SS Disability marries an illegal immigrant with 7 kids, do they get SS money?

In other words, would the 7 kids qualify for dependant's benefits? Would it depend on whether he adopts them when he marries her? What if only 3 of the kids were born in the USA? Would only those 3 get benefits?

6 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    First, the spouse and the 4 children are unlawfully present and thus subject to deportation. There's nothing the US citizen spouse could do to get his wife "papers" from within the U.S. So the wife would have to leave the U.S. and at that time she would trigger the 10-year bar, preventing her from returning for at least a decade.

    The 3 children who are US citizens are not the man's children, so they are still not eligible for any means tested benefits.

    In reality, the man would not even be able to sponsor his wife, not even after 10 years, as part of the petition is the mandatory Affidavit of Support for the spouse and 7 children, thus a household of 9 people. He would have to make at least $53,562 after taxes, and I doubt that somebody who's on SS Disability will make that kind of money


    So in real life, the man would have to move to the wife's country of citizenship forever if he wanted to live with his wife. If he didn't do that, the consulate would conclude that the marriage is not bona fide and bar the wife for life.

    The entire scenario is just to far fetched to be real. No sane person would get "married" to 7 people at the same time, if it wasn't for one thing: to provide the foreigner and her children with immigration benefits to the United States, and exactly that is immigration fraud, and the Feds know it all too well.

    Source(s): The son of a German mother and a Swedish father, I have lived in 6 European countries before immigrating to Southern California two decades ago. I work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara and answering questions here is my way of giving back.
  • 7 years ago

    There is little doubt that she is getting food stamps. Of course she is. To the tune of around 2000 dollars a month. I don't think the kids nor her nor the guy that married a woman with 7 kids should have anymore help from the US. I hope with a new president that they will send her and the kids back to Mexico and im sure that is where she is from. if she doesn't want to take the kids with her then let her put them up for adoption and give them a good home.

  • ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

    If the woman and older children entered illegallly, you cannot help them get papers through marriage and adoption. If they overstayed visas, you can, but you are going to have to convince USCIS the marriage is bona fide and not to help the woman and her kids get green cards. There is a family cap on benefits, so if you do marry and if the family does get green cards, you may see only a small increase in benefits divided among several children whom you are legally responsible to provide for. Where is the kids' father, BTW?

  • 7 years ago

    Just go see Obama he gives out food stamps if you vote for him,

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    too many variable in that type of question

  • joe714
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    i hope so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.