Who are your picks for the Jim Dandy Stakes on Saturday?

distance : 1&1/8th miles. purse : $600,000.

Grade II; Saratoga. Post time : 5:45. Dirt track.

Completing the field are multiple graded stakes winner Prospective, most recently victorious in the Grade 3 Ohio Derby; Atigun, third in the Belmont Stakes, and My Adonis, who rebounded from an eighth-place finish in the Belmont to take the Long Branch at Monmouth Park on July 8.

(1) Alpha - (5/2)

(2) Fast Falcon - (10/1)

(3) Atigun - (8/1)

(4) Neck 'n Neck - (3/1)

(5) My Adonis - (20/1)

(6) Teeth of the Dog - (5/1)

(7) Liaison - (7/2)

(8) Prospective - (12/1)

my picks :

win : (6) Teeth of the Dog

place : (1) Alpha

show : (7) Liaison

alt. : (5) Neck 'n Neck ; i'm also liking My Adonis here too.

Teeth is one of my all time favorite horses, & definitely my favorite for 2012.

Best Answer

Wow, really tough race, I could make a case for all contenders..no doubt a deep, competitive field of eight, this race is to determine who continues to the $1 million Travers Stakes Aug. 25.

So, may the best horse win.. :)

Win-6-Teeth of the Dog, really like trainer Michael Matz- Teeth of the Dog, a son of Bluegrass Cat, has won both his starts with Joel Rosario, who we will see aboard again.

Place-1-Alpha, trained by Kiaran McLaughlin (for Godolphin Racing), is expected to get a lot of support at the windows thanks to his earlier races, including his 'fast-closing' second to Gemologist in the Wood Memorial. Ramon Dominguez will be aboard.

Show-5- Neck 'n Neck, he sure looks awesome, has matured a lot. He's one of the more intriguing horses in the race, coming off a 6 1/2-length score in a Churchill Downs allowance race and a 7 1/4-length romp in the Matt Winn, also at Churchill, earning triple-digit Beyer speed figures in both races, impressive. It wouldn't surprise me if he wins the race.

Alternate-7-Liaison- Bob Baffert-trained Liaison, who has rounded back in form over Cushion Track at Betfair Hollywood Park, finishing a fast-closing third, beaten three-quarters of a length, in the Swaps Stakes following a second, beaten a half-length, in the Affirmed. Martin Garcia comes in from California to ride.

6. 1, 5, Alt. 7

Enjoy the race

I haven't been feeling well the last few days, but I plan on being there all weekend. :)

• JSC

What's this a new host-ess.. what happened Sandra & Blue Jay, ha looks like you two were bumped..bummer.

Thx for Past Performance link Blue Jay, at least you're still involved..sorry Queen Kaitlin.. I'm used to the Sandra S. Blue Jay team.. Queen K. I didn't get your contact invite as suggested by BJ..thx for starring Sandra & Blue Jay, otherwise out.

OK..phew-

Win/4/ Neck 'n Neck

Place/1/ Alpha

Show/3/ Atigun

Alt/6/ Teeth of the Dog

And, also with you..(Blue Jay)!

• I'll be back with my picks

EDIT: Thanks for the PP's Blue Jay

Win: (3) Atigun

Place: (4) Neck 'n Neck

Show: (7) Liaison

Alternate: (6) Teeth of the Dog

1-Alpha

8-Prospective

4-Neck n Neck

3-Atigun

Win ( 1 ) Alpha

Plc ( 7 ) Liaison

Shw ( 5 ) My Adonis

Alt: ( 8 ) Prospective goes to 3rd place if any is Declared.

Free PPs/ McPeek/Antigun/ Ultimate PPs

http://www.mcpeekracing.com/entries.shtml

Source(s): The Blue Jay Factor

Hi, Kaitlyn, and thanks for hosting. My picks for Saturday are:

Win: Teeth of the Dog

Place: Alpha

Show: Neck 'n Neck

Alternate in case of a scratch: Liaison

Enjoy the race !!

Source(s): I'm a long time follower of racing and a horse owner.

Teeth of the Dog -- the Rodney Dangerfield of the game // Alpha // Atigun

The whaaaaaaat?