Texas motorcycle license?!?

I'm 15 and I'm gonna get a bike. I know it has to be 250cc or less b/c I'm only 15, but do I need to have completed ALL of the (car) driver education? Or do I just need to have a permit for driving a car? Plz help.

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Check with the DPS office, but I'm pretty sure you'll need the Motorcycle Safety Course on top of your Driver's Ed.

    Source(s): Texas resident since 1968
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Dan
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    The laws changed 3 years ago, when I got my bike, you didn't need a car permit or license.

    But you will need an authorized bike safety course.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.