Why should the United Kingdom allow politicians to change laws that form the basis of our faith?

To all religions that defend the holy state of marriage between man and woman.

Why do we allow politicians who only wish to generate votes to debate changing laws that define our faith in Biblical teaching?

Update:

YESHUA HEMASCHIACH

Thank you for your word of testimony with which I agree. When a man is married to a woman they become one flesh and I believe their spirits unite and for that reason divorce was ordained because introducing another wife while the first wife lives introduces another spirit to mingle with the former two and would be destructive. That is my thought.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is what Daniel prophecies in Dan. 7:25. The Antichrist will change the laws and it's beginning now. The US gays are trying to force gay marriage and some of the judges actually ruled against the votes of the people in order to give the gays what they want, even though it had been voted down twice. It's part of the evil that is getting worse before the very end. It's wrong. Why should the gays steal marriage from heterosexuals? They do what they want anyway. They just want extra rights that shouldn't be theirs. It will downgrade society. The Christian activist lawyers have been fighting this and working very hard to keep this from happening, yet the wicked judges are getting away with things illegally. They should be impeached, but we are overwhelmed with too much too quick and most Christians are not giving much to help. I get stacks of mail with strong urgent letters about all sorts of things to do with changing the laws, and what the wicked are trying to get away with. They want to take God out of everything as though they own the planet.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The fact that the ex-gay ads were pulled from London buses suggests that its a psychological issue that can be cured with counselling. By making gay marriage legal they are supporting and promoting the issue.

I don't believe politicians should consider the basis of any faith when making laws but they should be making the right decisions and it appears this isn't.

• 7 years ago

We are not all religious here in the UK. Your faith is not my faith, just as it is not many, many, many other British peoples faith!

Why should your religion dictate any laws? Why because of *your* faith should a same sex couple be denied the right to be married? Why should *your* beliefs affect their lives?

Believe what you want but keep it out of politics! This is not the dark ages.

Source(s): British Atheist
  • John J
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

What???

Why should anyone, anyone at all (and that includes ALL politicians), why should ANYONE pay any attention whatsoever to the followers of the creation myths of some bronze-age goat herders from the Middle East?

Look, if you really, really object to gay marriage, then I implore you not to marry anyone of the same sex as you. See? Problem solved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Alternate Question.

Why should the United Kingdom allow politicians to implement laws that form the basis of faith?

Sharia Law acceptable to you?

Or is it all about you?

• 7 years ago

Religion should have no place in mainstream politics. There are people of many different religious and non religious backgrounds living in the UK and it should be all or nothing. All should be represented or none at all. I think the laws should be changed.

@*bRiTiSh... You have it spot on there!

People and places should fulfill their roles to their correct standards regardless of objection.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

then its best if you get a lot of people out and publicly protest it.. Im guesding as long as it is peacefull.. You have that right.. Unless the politicians have voted to prevent that over there.. Then that means a totalitarian government.. Reason for the declaration of independance over here in america.. Oppression by parlement of england..

Source(s): history books
  • 7 years ago

Because the UK is more liberal than the USA and less religiously based... Despite being officially a Christian state

• 7 years ago

Because your faith is discriminating against another set of belief or life choice and that is wrong. If your religion told you to drink liquid nitrogen when you turn the age of 24 would you do it?

• 7 years ago

I don't really think you understand religion. If your religion says you can't do something - for example wear pink - it doesn't mean that no one in the world is allowed to wear pink. It means that you and other followers of your religion can't wear pink.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.