Why should the United Kingdom allow politicians to change laws that form the basis of our faith?

To all religions that defend the holy state of marriage between man and woman.

Why do we allow politicians who only wish to generate votes to debate changing laws that define our faith in Biblical teaching?
Update: YESHUA HEMASCHIACH Thank you for your word of testimony with which I agree. When a man is married to a woman they become one flesh and I believe their spirits unite and for that reason divorce was ordained because introducing another wife while the first wife lives introduces another spirit to mingle with the... show more YESHUA HEMASCHIACH

Thank you for your word of testimony with which I agree. When a man is married to a woman they become one flesh and I believe their spirits unite and for that reason divorce was ordained because introducing another wife while the first wife lives introduces another spirit to mingle with the former two and would be destructive. That is my thought.