Why do atheists constantly bash God but are eerily silent on Satan?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Because they worship satan. XD

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

we don't believe in either but the reason we don't bash Satan is because if you actually read the bible and compare what god did to what Satan did. God looks like an insane mass murdering hateful sexist asshole. And Satan actually seems like an okay person. you dont have to take my word for it; read the bible write down all the bad stuff each of them says and does and compare it yourself.

What was so evil about Satan tempting eve to eat of the fruit which gave her the ability to tell the difference between good and evil? God is the one that created us flawed, then put the tree of knowledge where two people who didn't know right from wrong could reach it, and then cursed us because they ate it. what was so wrong about Satan tempting Jesus to turn a stone into bread so that he didn't starve? the bible is quite clear that Satan can only do what god lets him, and that he has to do what god tells him. So where's this so called rebellion?

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Like everyone else has said, we don't believe Satan exists either.

If Satan did exist, and was even close to how he is portrayed by Andy Hamilton in the BBC radio comedy series 'Old Harry's Game', he would indeed be preferable to God.

For readers here not in the UK, go find 'Old Harry's Game BBC' on Youtube.

Its hilarious, one of the best radio comedy shows ever.

• B
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Nobody is trying to force Satan down our throats. Think of atheists who bash Christianity as an equal and opposite reaction.

Source(s): God is imaginary
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You call your religion monotheistic but then blame everything bad on Satan, or "it's all in God's plan." It's plain hypocrisy to do that, because if you have one god, why is that god good? Did you need another force to represent the evil that your god refuses to take credit for?

We probably think that it should be obvious that if we inherently deny your god or the other gods others believe in, that we probably disbelieve in Satan, too.

• 8 years ago

Atheists don't bash God. They bash the people who shove their religion down the atheist's throuts. If Satan had a cheering section, atheists would bash them too.

• 8 years ago

It's hard to "bash" something you don't believe exists. And we don't believe in EITHER "god" (I assume you meant the Judeo-Christian variety, but you didn't specify) or "Satan".

However, the one people are constantly trying to shove down our throats is "god" as a concept, so of course we spend more time discussing that idea.

• 8 years ago

When we have quotes from a book about Satan chucked in our face, then we'll start bashing him. We don't believe in him and people don't try and use him to control our lives.

• 8 years ago

Because belief in Satan essentially requires a belief in God. If you don't believe in a God, it's impossible to believe in the anti-god.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Egypt's first born. Amalikites. Flood. She bears sent to murder 42 children.

Baby killers are evil. I do have a choice of which evils I wish to mock and I choose the baby murdering bible god over it's creation, the devil. Satan is obviously the lesser of two evils...I find no actual record of Satan killing babies.

• 8 years ago

Easy, no one says "Satan loves you" or "Satan bless you".

It's just a story for us. Which character would you like better, the uber-perfect and powerful guy, or the imperfect guy you can easily relate to?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.