Kat asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

My daughter thinks she's fat!?

She is twelve years old and weighs about 70 pounds I keep telling her she's not but she won't listen what should I do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, she's probably anorexic as 70 lbs isn't healthy at all. A therapist may help.

Here, how tall is she?

If she's 5ft, thats a hundredlbs, +10lbs for each inch, tho since she's 12, I wouldn't think she's really 5ft yet. The average 12 yo should probably be around 90-110. If she's really short, like 4ft tall, maybe 75-80.

What might be really beneficial would be a nice talk. Let her be comfortable. Ask her WHY she thinks so. Use positive words. I know parents have a tendency to not want to hear certain things, but its very important to listen to her right now, she needs you. Don't let her leave the table without eating all her food. Inform her that dieting the wrong way can cause depression, organ shut down, and terrible self esteem problems. Try finding pictures of less skinny models (like Kate upton, she's beautiful) and show her. People (pro ana sites) call her a cow, but shes perfect, why? Because she's healthy and famous (tho granted she lacks some personality).

Source(s): Sorta chubby, but hey, boobs right?
  • 8 years ago

As the others said, she could actually be underweight if she is over 4 foot 3 ... which I'm presuming is pretty likely.

She could be dangerously underweight if she's around 5 foot. Go see your doctor and ask for advice, he/she may suggest a weight gain plan. It's not healthy to be underweight at such a crucial development stage. Seek some professional help. Good Luck.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depending on her height, she may actually be underweight.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think she's actually underweight...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.