A therapist told my daughter that she is needing deliverance from evil spirits because she is a lesbian? ?

My daughter went to see a therapist yesterday to discuss her various problems and issues she is going through. She feels attraction to other women which I fully accept, and want for her to be happy and meet a nice lady, however the therapist told my daughter that she is demon possessed and required deliverance by a pastor or person involved with a church.

I was shocked by this and plan on telephoning this woman to confront her, but my daughter says that she thinks the therapist will not discuss this with me because of confidentiality rules. My daughter said the woman asked her to sign a permission paper to allow the therapist to pass her case over to a person in a church who would contact her for discussing the demon possession and help with fighting her lesbianism.

What can I do about this? ?

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure that unless she was a christian therapist, that you can in fact do something for her acting so unprofessional. You can't be a freelance psychologist if you want to be professional, you have to be reviewed similar to lawyers and doctors. I'd do research on who you went to and her "title" so to speak.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. They're in a position of power so I'm sure they have similar process to disbarment and revoking of medical license. If that's the case then I'm sure you could sue for malpractice or something similar. But she has to be official. Often religious counselors don't have a degree, and if you went to her regardless you can't do anything because that was on you.

http://www.medicalmalpractice.com/resources/medica...

• Peri

It is my understanding that if you are in the UK, anyone can pretty much call themselves a counsellor or therapist without having the proper qualifications. You need to look for someone who has credentials and is a member of an organisation such as the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). If you are not from the UK, and are in America, you can find a qualified therapist through Psychology Today.

From what I read, this person is a Christian therapist and is obviously detrimental your daughter's wellbeing. I advise you and your daughter do not visit her again, and cut off all contact with them.

Report the woman to whoever appointed her as a therapist as she is clearly a charlatan. Then find your daughter a proper therapist or better still forget therapists as being a lesbian is a natural condition and will not alter by any sort of treatment not does it need to be altered, Demon possessed!! what a load of silly nonsense

1) That "therapist" got her credentials from a cookie jar. Drop her, forget the idiot: she bugs you and your daughter, you threaten to sue for harassment: she's blending medical stuff, religious stuff, and who knows, a bit of voodoo stuff. Nonsense. 2) Seek another opinion from social services - or your doctor -or a psychologist - or a psychiatrist. You say you daughter is attracted to women and you have no problem with that. That's a good start.

I will kill a new born goat, slaughter it and sacrifice it's entrails at the foot of Moun Andewya at midnight to exercise the demons from your therapist.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tell that therapist that they need to join the 21st Century sometime soon.

YOU decide upon how you can glorify God. Might be he gifted you to deliver these evil spirits or extra like DEMON POSSESSED individuals. Dude, the bible itself has the entire answers, i dont have an understanding of why you wont go to your lecturers and pastors and ask them about it.

She's a therapist?! Why would she say something like that?!

Find a proper therapist. This person is a nutcase themselves.

your the mother find a better therapist