Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 7 years ago

If we outlaw all guns, will anti-guns people ID themselves and volunteer to fund?

a foundation that will pay all gun owners market value for their guns and unspent ammo. Plus if in future gun owners are robbed/beaten/killed and could have used their firearms to save themselves, the anti-gun folks pay the victims 10 million dollars tax free.

Well, money where the mouth is, do we have a deal.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Of course not.

Not even ONE of them is willing to admit HE is not a gun-owner.

100% of ETHICAL gun-control advocates POST their homes as "gun-free zones."

• 7 years ago

In real life, no, that's ridiculous. The government shouldn't be paying people more money than an insurance company owes you for letting their insured drunk driver kill you. Gun owners shouldn't hand in their guns no matter what promises are made. And so on. But since you wanted to give a silly hypothetical, let me throw one back at you.

What if every gun owner had to chip in for a share of a 10 million dollar award to victim's families every time a gun was used for violence? That's right--since we think that guns protect people rather than hurt people, why don't we put our money where our mouths are. If the 95% or more of people who own guns and don't commit crimes chip in $10 or $100 or $1000, then they could pay off the victims of gun violence. Nevermind--you're being silly, I'm being silly. Keep your guns and your money everyone.

• 7 years ago

I can't believe that they seriously expect us to voluntarily turn in our guns, it sure didn't work for drugs or alcohol

• 7 years ago

Oh noes. You made a slippery slope argument.

Logical fallacies totes trump everything!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.