If Ellen DeGeneres is a vegan, then why is she a CoverGirl and (might) use their line of cosmetics herself?

CoverGirl cosmetics are owned by Procter & Gamble--THE #1 COMPANY THAT DOES THE MOST ANIMAL TESTING IN THE U.S.!
Update: P&G only stopped 80% of their animal testing. I believe that the other 20% of animals still matter. I believe they have feelings. :D
Update 2: 1.) Ellen DeGeneres became a CoverGirl spokesperson around Sept. '08 and a full-pledged vegan around Oct. '08. I understand that she was a CoverGirl first, but she was considering being a vegan around the time she signed the contract and her wife was already vegan (she had also been a vegan and vegetarian... show more 1.) Ellen DeGeneres became a CoverGirl spokesperson around Sept. '08 and a full-pledged vegan around Oct. '08. I understand that she was a CoverGirl first, but she was considering being a vegan around the time she signed the contract and her wife was already vegan (she had also been a vegan and vegetarian in previous years). It's not like she had been a meat-eating champion for her entire fifty-something-year life and then signed a contract with P&G for 30 years that there was absolutely no way at all possible to get out of and she became a vegan 2 years in to the contract.

2.) P&G is not the American government. It's a cruel, murderous, and very avoidable company that only makes a handful of products (some of which are useless) that can be bought from other companies that test on willing humans that are sound of mind and body.

3.) Ellen DeGeneres is a very wealthy person and in no need of more money. If she does, however, wish to make even more money and become even
Update 3: (LOL, FAIL) . . . more famous, then she can get another job (like a spokesperson for a cruelty-free company, perhaps?). I really love Ellen DeGeneres because she is a strong, funny, confident person that is a good role-model for anyone and also because she has more values than most people have in the Hollywood... show more (LOL, FAIL)
. . . more famous, then she can get another job (like a spokesperson for a cruelty-free company, perhaps?).

I really love Ellen DeGeneres because she is a strong, funny, confident person that is a good role-model for anyone and also because she has more values than most people have in the Hollywood industry. I just wish that she would realize what the company [that she is supporting] is doing to these poor, innocent animals! :'(
9 answers 9