Is it OK to use online dating sites like plenty of fish as a way to gain a social life?

I am currently 21 years old and I feel that I am very outgoing I like talking to people and meeting new people its fun to me. But I only started doing this stuff this year when I started attending college. So I am home for the summer and all my friends are still at the university. I have not always been that social when I was at home not even in the past even when I was in middle school and high school so I dont know to many people here .Would it be a good idea to use a dating site like plenty of fish as a way to fill that social void. I would be going to the site only looking for friends and trying to find other who want the same thing.

Favorite Answer

Plenty of Fish is primarily a dating site and so might not be the best place to find friends, try one of the facebook groups if you want to socialize.

If you want to use a online dating as a way to meet girls it can be a great way to go about it. You need to understand though that there are a lot of guys on there, some of whom have pretty good online dating game and so you need to know what you are doing if you want to get replies. Don't worry if you find it hard at first most guys do too, but if you educate yourself and don't give up you will find success and once you know the secrets it will be your own personal black book.

Just be careful. A lot of scum on there.