Simple 8" spring pan New York cheesecake recipe?

Found a spring pan at TJ Maxx or whatever for five bucks! Bf loves cheesecake so I figured I'd give it a try. I made an oreo cheesecake and I saw things I needed to improve. I thought some mistakes might have been from using a 9" recipe. He requested NY cheesecake but I can only find 9" and 10" recipes!

• Vicky
    Favorite Answer

The Ultimate Cheesecake

Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Show: Tyler's Ultimate

Episode: Cheesecake

Total Time:

5 hr 45 min

Prep

30 min

Inactive

4 hr 30 min

Cook

45 min

Yield:

6 to 8 servings

Level:

Intermediate

Ingredients

Crust:

2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Filling:

1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 pint sour cream

1 lemon, zested

1 dash vanilla extract

Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping, recipe follows

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.

For the Filling:

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.

Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.

Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake. Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Unmold and transfer to a cake plate. Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.

Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water. Wipe dry after each cut.

Warm Lemon Blueberries:

1 pint blueberries

1 lemon, zested and juiced

2 tablespoons sugar

In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.

Yield: 6 serving

• laube

I see you reside in Florida so a mild cheesecake may well be in simple terms what he wish. So the gram-cracker crust and domicile made filling would fill the bill. yet...if manhattan form cheesecake is what your attempting for you would be able to desire to stay with domicile made in spring form pan, (no longer high priced, or borrow one!)no crust, baked and scrumptious. I even have tried many recipes yet like this one plenty!! 2 pkg cream cheese a million pkg neufendal cheese (excuse spelling) 8 oz. ricotta 4 complete great eggs 4 T. s/r flour a million/2 c, sygar a million T. vanilla cream all at the same time until eventually gentle, bake @ 350 for a million hour open oven door and enable cake come to room temp interior the oven refrigerate topping of your selection we adore sourcream, milk and powdered sugar blended and thinly unfold on incredible

• Karen

Well I recently found the best cheesecake recipe, actually it's a raspberry cheesecake, but I made it once with the raspberries and once without. I don't think apart from getting the crust up the edges that it matters too much the size. It will just be a bit deeper if you have a smaller pan. Anyways it was absolutely dekicious.

http://youtu.be/9br8Q0NW-N4

Youtube thumbnail

complicated thing research on to google that could help