How to lower blood pressure quickly?

I have "white coat hypertension". Long story short, I have to go into the Military and my BP has to be below 140/90 w/ a pulse of under 100. My BP at home is like 127/67 so I KNOW I don't have high blood pressure. My BP is ALWAYS high when it's taken by a physician or someone along those lines. Anyways. I am taking Potassium, B series Stress Complex, Hawthorn Berry, and CQ-10 I think it is. I know the only reason my BP goes up is because I'm nervous that it will be high. What can I do to bring my BP down within a matter of hours or minutes??? I've tried exercising before doing the reading as well as holding my breath(deep breathing) and it doesn't seem to work. Are there any more vitamins or supplements I can take to lower it ASAP?!? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• Brad H
    Favorite Answer

I have the same problem. I have had high blood pressure for 20 years and I take 2 pills for it, Lisinopril and Atenolol. I walk every day and that keeps it down so that I only take half pills each day. But I also have the "white coat syndrome" when I go to the doctor's office sometimes.

I don't think there is any pill or supplement you can take that will lower your BP. The only thing I know you can do is practice slow deliberate breathing. Inhale slowly, exhale slowly. Do it for several minutes. Relax as much as you can. It does work for me. Practice it regularly. You should buy one of those home BP monitors and check it often. The brand I use is Omron. I have both the upper arm model and also the wrist model. You can get them at Walmart. Don't get one of those cheaper brands as they are not reliable.

One more thing . . . try to get the idea that you don't care whether it is high or not and that it isn't important, like it's no big deal what your BP is, as you really couldn't care less . . . then when they check it, it won't be high. Good luck.

3 years ago, I was diagnosed - hypertension with a reading of 160/100. I used to feel dizzy a lot, my legs had awful cramps, and levels were very low in my potassium, causing my fingers and toes to always cramp together. One day I started to feel really faint while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and I passed out, hitting 3 cars and ending up in a ditch. That moment,I knew I had to do something because my meds weren't working. I heard about this diet from a friend and thought I'd give it a shot. The results have been remarkable. In just 21 days, I honestly can't remember feeling this good, my blood pressure went from 175/110 to 125/70.

• Rilla

actually i have hypertension too and onece i started to get these really bad headaches but then i realized i was taking my dads dose which is like 4 times stronger and i stopped and after a while the headache stopped. but to lower it down quickly? im not sure thats entirely possible, maybe exercising and not much caffeine or salty foods. but i think you should ask your doctor, maybe you need a higher dosage.