Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 8 years ago

Will disabling Adblock Plus prevent it from being automatically updated whenever I open Firefox?

I'm just wondering if a disabled Adblock Plus will update itself automatically upon opening Firefox.

Will Adblock Plus that is disabled in the Firefox Add-ons Extensions page update itself automatically when I open Firefox?

Favorite Answer

ABP has selective update settings (in it's 'Preferences'), but not if it's disabled.

You have to 'enable' ABP, then re-start Firefox.

In default, it should update, but you may want to verify that on the ABP website.

(I'm looking at Linux-Firefox v. 14.0.1; yours might be different).

I genuinely have one question, why might you decide on it to provide up updating? information superhighway Explorer immediately updates for all time. Updates do a pair of issues a million. they help shop your laptop guard, via fixing risk-free practices holes. 2. they might help enhance the overall performance of this technique. 3. they could make this technique much less complicated to apply. in case you nonetheless choose to disable the updates, open Firefox and click on the kit menu. bypass right down to and click thoughts. interior the thoughts window, click on the superior tab. interior the superior window click on the replace tab. Now deselect the flaws you do no longer choose as much as date. i desire this helps.