Becky asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 years ago

Is skin whitening forever FDA approved?

Heyllo I'm looking for some thing that will keep me from getting darker and/ or help lighten my skin. so i came on here and some one recommended Skin whitening forever to some other person so i went to the website and i cant find 'FDA approved'. So does any one know if it is FDA approved???-

Favorite Answer

The FDA have banned 23 more whitening products. Google it. About 17,600,000 results.

The reason cited for the proposed ban is that studies in rodents show "some evidence" that hydroquinone may act as a carcinogen or cancer-causing chemical, although its cancer-causing properties have yet to be proved in humans. Hydroquinone also has been linked with the medical condition known as ochronosis in which the skin becomes dark and thick. Dome-shaped yellowish spots and grayish-brown spots also are observed in ochronosis among black women and men in South Africa, Britain, and the U.S. Ochronosis has been observed in conjunction with hydroquinone use even in persons who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics for a short time. Some studies also report abnormal function of the adrenal glands and high levels of mercury in people who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics. For these reasons, hydroquinone has already been banned in Japan, the European Union, and Australia.

Any skin-lightening products containing hydroquinone would be considered new drugs, according to the proposed FDA regulations. The products would require FDA approval before being sold to the public and would only be available with a doctor's prescription.

Skin Creams, Soaps and Lotions Marketed as Skin Lighteners and Anti-aging Treatments: May Contain the Toxic Metal, Mercury.

BB Cream same way.

• Emily

Being a 36 year old lady and having long given up my dream of getting a fairer skin tone. Aside from my age, I am of African-American lineage and have dark spots on my eyebrows and cheeks. They were the cause of years of embarrassment because people constantly looked and stared at them! I have tried make-ups to cover them up but they hardly worked.

When I came across this product and read the testimonials, I immediately made my purchase and tried your different approach. A few days later, I am seeing that my skin is already getting whiter which brought a new level of confidence in my personality..

Whiten Your Skin Naturally?

You should read Laura Jefferson’s book "Skin Whitening At Home" ( I saw it's also available in electronic format +video: http://www.skinwhiteningathome.com ). After 8 weeks I managed to get my skin a few tones whiter and I also got rid of freckles.

The method she teaches in her book is natural, inexpensive, and is readily available in most homes. You could even find some ingredients in your own backyard. The most wonderful thing about the method she shares in her book is that it will help you whiten or lighten your skin pigmentations, freckles, age spots, acne marks, dark underarms, melasma, or your overall skin color easily and naturally without breaking your bank or producing dangerous side effects. Good Luck!