My shirt is ruined, will I be able to return it?

I just bought this dress shirt from macy's a few days ago. On the laundry tag it says to iron on the lowest heat setting. I haven't worn it yet and it still has the tags on, I put my iron on the lowest setting and put a cotton sheet over and under it before I ironed so the iron was never in direct... show more I just bought this dress shirt from macy's a few days ago. On the laundry tag it says to iron on the lowest heat setting.

I haven't worn it yet and it still has the tags on, I put my iron on the lowest setting and put a cotton sheet over and under it before I ironed so the iron was never in direct contact with the shirt but as soon as I put the iron down on it, the shirt literally melted and stuck to the sheet.

Do you think if I brought it to the store they'd exchange it for a new one? Like I said before, it still has the tags and everything.