Why is Bill O Reilly such a bad journalist?

He went to a very good collage and came out top of his class so I've heard and yet he is possibly the most biased journalist I have ever come across. What happened? Did he just reject everything he was thought due to him being a Christian and conservative?

Update:

@Gazoo,

No he is actually a journalist as well as a television host

Update 2:

I am not exclusively talking about his television show, he has a column

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

He's an opinion guy, not a journalist for starters. It is hard to be good at something you aren't even trying to be.

Added: Wow...so stupid you can't tell the difference between a news show and a commentary one. No wonder people think Jon Stewart is a good place to get news. Let me clue you in, when a segment is called "Talking Points" they aren't even claiming that its news. That's opinion....and that's what he does.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Gazoo is correct, although Bill IS trying to be a journalist--or at least claims to be a journalist.

He's basically a bigoted, lying douchewad--no amount of education is going to erase that.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'm pretty sure he has fessed up on a few occasions to being an entertainer. He gave up being a journalist, in any serious sense of the word, long ago. I'd place him on par with gossip columnists or tabloid types today.

• 7 years ago

He's not a journalist these days. He's what they call a "pundit". While he may have been a journalist at some point, these days he is paid to express controversial opinions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Allen
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

yeah, bill O is more of a analysis guy. true he is bias sometimes but even though im a far leftie i have to say he is fair mostly but sometimes keeps the truth from the audience or hides behind his position as an analysis journalist. but again his the most "fair" person in FOX imo.

• 7 years ago

People want biased. That's how he makes his money, by saying stupid outrageous crap that the public wants and that the conservatives eat up. He's like Jersey Shore. Not a lotta people LIKE Jersey Shore, it's just so outrageous that people watch it while they do have an actual small dedicated fanbase.

• 7 years ago

I suspect that if he was a good journalist that Faux News would not employ him.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Being at the top of your class doesn't mean you're gonna do well with jobs.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Fox tend to hire these kinda scum

• because the person who is giving him money is bad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.