TJ asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

Is cheapgrandtrade.com a scam or will they actually provide what you order?

I ordered a fake gucci shirt for $20 off of this website but have not given them my credit card # yet. I just wanna know if it is a reliable enough website to order from or will it try to steal my money.

Favorite Answer

100% scam.

That is a fake website pretending to sell cheap merchandise.

Any site that advertises merchandise cheaper than the official manufacture's website is a fake site shipping gosh awful crappy knock-offs or simply collecting cash and not even bothering to ship fakes.

The pictures on the site look like the real merchandise because those pictures ARE of the official merchandise. Those pictures were stolen from the official manufacture's website. If you receive anything at all, which is doubtful, it will not resemble those pretty pictures at all.

The payment options say it all, Western Union, moneygram and bank transfer, only anonymous cash payments.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Your bank can only get your money back if there is money left in the scammer's bank account. Scammers know this and will immediately withdrawal the money you transferred. No money in the account means absolutely no possibility of you getting your hard-earned cash back.

In all seriousness, when something goes wrong, what will you do? Send an email that is ignored and blocked? Send chat requests until you are ip banned? Call internationally and speak fluent Chinese?

The UPS, TNT and DHL icons are there only to take up space, that site only ships with EMS, the Chinese post office, good luck getting the "tracking number" they give you to work on the EMS website. You will need even more luck trying to contact EMS when your tracking stops and your "package" is lost somewhere.

You could then be really lucky, your "package" is discovered, seized by "customs" and all you need to do is pay even more money via Western Union or moneygram to the "custom's official" who uses a free email address just like that site has a free email address as its contact information.

Free email addresses are easy to open and close completely anonymously.

• Leona

YES. This is a scam. I was 90% sure just from the fact you asked, and a money order was involved. Any doubt I had was OBLITERATED by the mention of Craigslit and a job. OK, now to read your details. "I've actually gotten someone for the position posted online but i have this other position available." That alone is irrefutable evidence of a scam. "You can do the shopping at Bestbuy, Kmart, Sears and Wal-Mart or any other stores. I will provide you my UPS account number for shipping." If they do enough business with UPS to HAVE an account, they don't need total strangers to do their shopping. Muhtasin Shajon: A "Top Contributor" is NOT necessarily someone that knows SQUAT. It is someone that posts a lot. I cite the fact I am a Top Contributor as my qualification to make that statement.

Cheap Grand Trade

I have ordered about $1500.00 of merchandise from handbags, shoes,watches,shirts,scarfs,hats,luggage every single month for the last 2years I have NEVER had an issue. I buy wholesale and resale.

Sorry if it didn't work for you but I absolutely love this site.

Don't go near it - definitely do not give them your credit card details. Has a terrible rating from Web Of Trust. Check out http://www.mywot.com/ and put www.cheaptrade.com in the search box. You can also download an application from WOT's site that will warn you of low rated sites you try to access.

Bought $300 in merchandise from them in December a paid with my debit card all went well and goods were ok

I brought a pair of true religion jeands and got the exact thing I ordered

If it is not well established then be careful but very unlikely they will cheat.

please tell us about your experience? did you bought any stuff?