Texas motorcycle license?

I have been researching on how to obtain a motorcycle for the past week or so. The DPS website just isnt very clear and I have a few questions I would like the clearify.

1. Do you have to have a car drivers license to apply for a motorcycle license?

2. How can i start applying for the license (for example what are the requirements) Do i need a driving permit before I apply for MSF. If so where can i get the permit?

3. Do I need to take Motorcycle education class?

4. Test with "Dps" or "Dmv"?

Right now i am 15, but I am not getting the license until i am 16 or so; which is about four months from now. The reason I need a motorcycle is because I am attending a program that involves assisting to High school and college. I also need to go to and from work so i needed something cheap and effective. Anyways, I would love any info and please no links to the Dps website it just gives me headaches. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Favorite Answer

Sorry, what is so confusing on the DPS website.

Line #2 of the first link. What does it state?

#2 Complete the requirements for an original applicant. Note the words "original applicant" are a clickable link. Click the link.

That takes you to the second link below. What does line #7 state?

#7 Complete the application for driver license or identification card (PDF). You may type your information on the form, print it, and bring it with you to the office. If you don’t have a printer, the form is also available at the office."

Note the OR between drivers license and Identification card. That means one OR the other.

For someone that will be assisting to High School and College, you don't strike me as being very resourceful. If the words of the website "gives you headaches" you COULD CALL your local DPS office and talk to a real person to obtain real answers to your questions. Unless due to the reliance on texting has made it very difficult to converse with people. Very common with your generation.

Dude, GO TO THE SOURCE FOR ANSWERS!!

That is how you will become resourceful, not relying on others to do the thinking for you.

I have been given my M license a 300 and sixty 5 days in the past and it fee under $30 for the license i've got self assurance and that i only went to a begginers direction and paid $one hundred sixty to bypass the dmv's using try. the class took 2 days and in basic terms approximately 0.5 of the 1st day you're interior the lecture room then you definitely holiday. Took the written try on the dmv and in approximately half-hour had my license. good success!