How to tranfer stock certificates to book entry position?

I found a form letter and messed with it, my plan is to send a letter with the following text and the certificates via certified mail to the AST corporation. I want to transfer to book entry so I can then transfer the shares off to my personal brokerage account with another company. Does this make sense? The... show more I found a form letter and messed with it, my plan is to send a letter with the following text and the certificates via certified mail to the AST corporation. I want to transfer to book entry so I can then transfer the shares off to my personal brokerage account with another company. Does this make sense?

The undersigned hereby transfers, (_) shares of the stock of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL) standing in the name of the undersigned on the books of the American Stock Transfer Corporation and represented by Certificate No. (_) to Book Entry Position.
1 answer 1