Should the parents of any children shot in Colorado be charged with child endangerment?

First of all, the shooter should be hung.

Then, the parents of the children who were in the theater need to be arrested for child endangerment.

There is NO REASON for a 3-month old to be at a midnight showing of ANY movie.

There is NO REASON for a 6-year old to be at a PG-13 movie.

These people who think their children belong everywhere should be in jail. They're partially to blame for their children being shot by a psycho.

If they couldn't find a sitter - GO ANOTHER DAY.

If they couldn't afford a sitter - THEY COULDN'T AFFORD A MOVIE.

• Flower
    Favorite Answer

I totally agree with you and I don't care if people think it's insensitive to think that way.

When I heard about the children in that theater my first reaction was, "What the heck were they doing there?!" It makes you questions the character of those children parents, who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to take their child to a midnight showing or to see a movie that isn't even appropriate for their young child?

There really is no reason for a 3 month old to be at a midnight showing of any movie.

No movie is that important to drag a child that doesn't benefit from it or even cared about it.

No. Freedom of religion manner ALL religion despite what Arthwit Rail thinks. I have a better query: will have to Christians be introduced up on fees of youngster Endangerment for teaching them from a guide that regularly contradicts itself? Rev. Dr. Donald Betz D.D.

First of all, who are you to judge? What happened that night was pure tragedy. They rate the movies according to how old you can be WITH PARENTAL SUPERVISION. Children love batman and spiderman, I can understand if a 6 yr old went. I don't, however understand why a 3 month old went.

It was premier tickets, It was just a outing to see a movie they wanted to see, With premier tickets, they often charge you more for them, and they are not refundabel. They could have had a babysitter cancel and didnt want to miss, There's no reason to try and blame the parents.

It happens ALL the time. I just saw spiderman and there was a baby crying in the theatre, it happens, and it's legal, or else they wouldn't have been able to take the child in the first place.

Don't you dare put the blame of such a tragedy upon those parents. They probably already regret taking their child and would change it if they could. I think you should be in jail for contributing to hate.

um.. PG stanes for parental guide meaning if your under 13 you need a adult with you. i gree a 3 month old shoulnt be a a midnight screening just because it loud the child could sleep in the parents arms otherwise. and saying they are to blame for ther child being shot crazy it wrong place wrong time, its like saying its the womans fault she got raped because she shouldnt have walked threw the park. but in terms of just parenting ya there shouldnt have been a 3 month old child there.

I don't think the shooter should be killed. If someone not only plans, but executes mass murder, they obviously have something very wrong with them. I think that serial killers should be studied, because the more you know about something the easier it is to identify and prevent.

As for the parents who brought their children, it's very strange that they were allowed to. When I lived in Missouri all the theaters had rules against bringing children under 9 into the theater past 10PM. I've never been to a theater in Aurora, although I have been to them in many other places in the state (I've lived in 5 different cities here in the last year) and they all seem to have the same rule. So no, they shouldn't have been there for many reasons but I don't consider "bad parenting" one of them.

Child endangerment? No. Taking your kid to a movie should be safe.

But I think it's really pretty dreadful parenting. There's no reason for a 6 year old to be at a midnight showing of any movie either.

•Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of unintentional injury-related death among children ages 14 and under. We know that we are at greater risk of dying when getting into our vehicles than flying in an airplane, yet we do it every day. Should parents who get in a car accident with their children in the car be charged with child endangerment?

Wow, you can't be serious. It is a freedom as an American that we should be able to move about our country freely without the fear of being shot by someone that is mentally insane. Place blame where it belongs with the shooter and with the parents of the shooter. Those parents should face the same charges and punishment as their son that committed such an atrocious act. I am concerned with your mental faculties when you even consider such a question let alone post it online for everyone to see. Are you a terrorist?

You're right. Those parents made a lousy choice. But people make really bad choices everywhere, every day. Bringing charges against these parents isn't going to help the situation in any way. I suspect that they are already punishing themselves to the max for taking their children to that theater. If anything, some parenting classes might be a good idea.

Source(s): ECE teacher, mother of 3, grandmother of a whole bunch

If it was endangering the children to be in the movie theater, certainly the movie theater wouldn't have allowed them in.

That's like saying if a church is shot up then the parents were endangering their children by bringing them to that church.