Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 9 years ago

Johnny Rzeznik and Plastic Surgery?

Wow......how some people take it too far. I suppose as a star, you'd be monitoring your looks real closely in the daily mirror. But goodness, it's a shame for the guy that the surgery didnt work out in his favor. He was so handsome back in the day. Now, he looks mummified. You cannot reverse age. It's trying to fight gravity.

................

Thinning hair, balding, eye browse falling down, cheeks sagging, skin turning pale, ears growing larger, nose getting bigger, eyes looking more exhausted and weathered ....... if age is coming or if it is already here, you might as well just offer it a cup of tea, relax and have a conversation. Maybe ask how the trip was or how it arrived so damn fast (Im very thankful that my aging is driving a Pinto - Im 46 but look 32.)

...............

When we look into the mirror, we see things that others do not see. Still, the only judge is ourselves, as we are totally aware of this, and our assessment must please ourselves. If our assessment does not pass, we then seek corrective measures.

.............

But again, you cannot stop the aging process. You can lift this and tuck that, trim this and smoothe that, stretch this and insert that ....... but the aging "will" continue. Only now the skin will thin and sag with them plastic bulbs that were inserted in the upper cheeks. Then what.

.............

Why not let the aging take its course. Even the teeth we know arent naturally perfect. Why dont we just accept the human body as an ever changing structure and live with it as best as we can. You will indeed fit in with the rest of us and not appear so mummified.

..............

I used to shave my hair away because my hair was thinning. I went with the marine stubbled crew cut. But then I realized that I was going the wrong way. With this hair cut I appear almost bald. Thats what I didnt want. Thinning hair would be better than no hair. In fact, even a bald "spot" would be better than a bald "all-head."

.............

So somewhere in the scheme of things, we all got lost with the fear of baldness and so we would rather "be" bald than appear "going" bald? Nope. I dont think so. Im going to enjoy every last hair I have before I dont have a any. I grew my hair out and am happier than ever. I have more gray in there.....but it gives me that "veteran" look like "Ive been there-done that." You know I kinda like it. And you know something else? Im not really thinning all that much ...... it mustve been the fear of balding during my assessments. But my eye browse are beginning to fall. Welcome into my house, age, lets have a cup of tea. How's your trip in the Pinto? Oh it broke down and so you took a Porsche taxi the rest of the way? Sh!t.

.............

Do you believe Johnny Rzeznik shoulda just had a cup of tea with his age, sat down and just dealt with it?

Favorite Answer

Yes I agree with you on that. You are what you are.