"Limitless" movie drug. does it exist?

i just saw the movie limitless. (amazing movie)

is there any drug that gives those effects?

gives you extreme focus, listening skills, fast paced thinking?

if not to the extent of the movie drug, any drug that give similar effects?

Update:

first answer said no.

i dont think so. which the amount of drugs we have i think there is one that will make you focus alot more. is there?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

A drug with all of the properties of that shown in "limitless",.. no. That is pure fiction (as of now),.. which I'm sure you are aware.

However, we can increase mental focus, and speed. The closest we have to cognitive performance enhancers would be amphetamines. Things like Adderall, Ritalin, Dexedrine, and on the list goes.

These are typical medications used for ADD/ADHD -- put are also used in some patients with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and other "off label" uses to help with the mental "fog" associated with these disorders.

For a closer application, the most advanced jet pilots for the military.. ie: US Air force pilots are given 'speed' aka: Amphetamine derivatives to keep them alert, and awake during missions. Many pilots rely on this to be at peak mental focus and to make the split second coordinated efforts even in training, and some even in air shows.

There is controversy around this military application,.. but that is beyond the scope of the question.

At the end of the day,.. there is nothing that will take your average human being and make them super human.

As a side note, I do think the more we understand neuroscience, the brain, and in particular as an adjunct the way mental illness works we will be releasing methods to enhance our cognitive function.

As many of these drugs we already have 'temporarily' relieve depression, anxiety, and take someone who is in the pits of apathy and despair to being highly functional and focused. There is a huge causal link there which cannot be denied, nor ignored.

Also, I wouldn't encourage trying to obtain amphetamines legally, and especially the 'street' amphetamines ie: Crystal Meth, as they can create monstrous addiction if used improperly.

Good question,

• 3 years ago

Limitless Pill Exist

• 3 years ago

There aren’t any real life “Limitless Pills”. Sure, there are nootropics but the effects of NZT-48 from Limitless are highly exaggerated. This video explains it pretty well actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZoar0zrGxg

Youtube thumbnail

• 3 years ago

Not up to Zero Basketball Diaries film with Andy Garcia & Meg Ryan (He was once a pilot with an alcoholic wife and so they had two younger daughters) Sorry, can not remember title. Days of Wine and Roses (Jack Lemmon & Lee Remick) - basic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really can't distinguish between obvious fiction/stupid movies & reality?

• 7 years ago

no , for now is physically impossible to be able to be like that.

• 6 years ago

adderall

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.