help me get stationed with my wife?!?

we are both active duty in the army. we are getting married in a month. we are in training but have been dating for a while and dont want to be seperated after training. she is airborne so she wont recieve her orders until airborne school.

If we get married before she goes to airborne will that change her orders or will one of us have to request a change of duty station?

im not sure how marriage in the army works. so im trying to figure things out before i tie the knot :) thanks!!

first thing is are you sure you guys want to get married? because dating four a while and don't want to get separated after training doesn't sound like you guys r getting married for the right reason.. if she is airborne then you will have to request a duty station. the army tries their best to put married couples together...good luck

From my experience, the military goes out of its way to keep a couple together. 9 times out of 10 it works out that way, but sometimes it just doesnt happen. From what your situation sounds like though, one of you will probably have to request a change of duty station since you are goin through training. You should take it up with your chain of command. It would have been easier to get married before you guys joined because you could have done the buddy system that would have made sure you went to the same place.

Ironic, IF he really started the TV station primarily to show the peaceful side of Islam. -- Otherwise he might just be a radical islamic who runs a TV station. However, without a link to an authoritative news agency, I can't take this too seriously or factual. Regardless.. the irony and therefore the humor on a small level does not escape me. hahahahahah.. that IS ironic if he wanted to show the world Islam does not teach you violence. You say Giant Scimitar... are you sure it was giant? I've heard Muslims tell me that according to Islam, you are only allowed to beat your wife with something the size of your pinky... so maybe it was his tiny-winy, miniscule scimitar and NOT his giant one..which would be against Islamic teaching... or so I've been told. hahahahaha

• Ben

The Army with assign the both of you according to Army mission and the needs of the Army. You are assigned by your MOS and the location that needs you. If perhaps there is a need for your MOS at the same location as your fiance's MOS, you may get lucky, but it is not the Army's priority. When you make your request, list several bases in the same geographic area and you may get lucky.

• TomB

AFTER you are married (if and when) you request spouse co-location. If it is at all possible you will be stationed in the same geo-location. (and all that means is in the same area the next time one of you PCS'es - ie. State. It does NOT mean same command or even same base...) They WILL NOT transfer one of you just because you got married.

Source(s): Retired Navy

so you are not even married yet and "have been dating for a while and dont want to be seperated after training." lol