Should I throw away all my band t shirts, cds, and games that are ungodly?

At what point do you draw the line? Pretty much every dvd or video game I own has some sort of reference to violence, satanism, blasphemy, and lust. I noticed a strange pattern. Every band t shirt I own pretty much has a demon on it and the same goes for the cds. It would be a shame to let my Maiden shirt go but it is a demon with the confederate flag. Am I overreacting? Christian advice preferred.

Thanks everyone good answers. I think im gonna shoot a youtube video of me throwing all this stuff away.

• Favorite Answer

You are right and being observant too. There is much demonism in the world right now. You are not overreacting but your conscience is telling you that if you want to be a True Christian, you cannot have a sharing with the demons.

Are you aware that the devil is allowed to rule the earth right now?

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 1 John 5:19

We are living in the last days. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

• R

The biggest reason why band T-shirts and CD covers all have "demonic" or monstrous images on them (in the Heavy Metal category, anyway) is because of the psychological attraction teenagers living in repressively Christian households have for such things (i.e., all about record sales). Not treading on your beliefs (or those of anyone else) here, for if you truly believe that a being called Satan is in charge of such things and is trying to manipulate you through imagery, then you can probably answer the question yourself. However, your suspicion that you may be overreacting leads me to think you might be interested in knowing that the whole image we've come to associate with what the Hebrews called Shaitan/the Adversary came from the pagan deity Pan (and other horned gods of the time), which the Catholic church used to persuade the peasants to renounce their affiliation/support of their old gods by portraying as the very embodiment of evil. Just as the contemporary image we generally accept as Jesus was the result of a Spanish king's having hired a painter to make a portrait of Christ look remarkably like his own flesh-and-blood son (in order to solidify his family's continued rulership amidst a troubled time), the pictures we use to illustrate higher ideals are not necessarily ineffable in and of themselves (one reason, I'd say, why God admonished against worshiping "graven images"). What matters, I would say, are your feelings. If you feel that your faith in God or your desire to do right by the principles of that faith are being directly compromised by the presence of such images as you mention, then by all means--you should not only dispose of them, but also destroy them utterly, lest another be also tempted/influenced/what-have-you. But in the end, it's all up to what YOU decide is right.

• ?

I'd advise it, yes.

Although humans can compose, play, and enjoy all manner of music, it does not follow that all of it pleases God. Why not? The Christian apostle Paul explains: “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) Pagan fertility rites, the doctrine of the immortality of the human soul, and the veneration of Mary as “mother of God” are often featured as themes of musical compositions. Yet, these beliefs and practices dishonor the God of truth, for they are contrary to what is revealed in his inspired Word, the Bible.—Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Ezekiel 18:4; Luke 1:35, 38.

The choice of available music is bewildering. The covers of compact discs are designed to move customers to purchase all manner of musical recordings. But if the worshiper of God wishes to please Him, he will exercise caution and select wisely to avoid vocal and instrumental music that is inspired by false religious beliefs or that focuses on immorality and demonism.

Of course, each person has his own taste in music, but as Christians we bear in mind Paul’s counsel: “Whether you are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory.”—1 Corinthians 10:31.

I believe in REPLACEMENT. So what if you yes, get rid of the worst, those

you 100% know won't bring you peace, contentment etc., and then start to

look for other things. You are praying, of course, and you will be led.

God is different than we are, and knows how these things take time.

If you really want to listen, or play some games, pray first, then go

ahead, then think about how that was.

I believe God wants us to become aware, to become 'mindful'.

• TBJ

Wouldn't you think a god would have more important things to worry about rather than what video games you play, what music you listen to and all that? It's the authoritarian leaders that tell you not to get involved with these apparent "demonic" things, not your god. So yes, I would say that you're seriously overreacting.

No youre not over reacting!!it could be God that's telling u its wrong give it up ask God to send u some t shirshirts I am happy that u trying to please God if we think or kno we r doing somethin wrong we need to STOP IT don't let anything hender or stop your walk with God its not worth it.God bless u get rid of the past and don't look back

• Joe

Oh, come on, seriously? Video games and music are satanic? So in your religion, the Almighty Creator of the Universe is going to care about you playing video games, even though he knows that you are actually doing what he told you to (there's no commandment "Thou shalt not play video games")? That's just plain ridiculous.

while we accept that evil greatly influences this world, we realise that there is little we can do to avoid it's content affecting our lives completely. In saying this however, we should not be entertaining ourselves with media/music/games etc that directly and intentionally shun and mock God and his will. Entertaining yourself with such material, and condoning/promoting demonistic things through merchandise etc is seen as idolising, which the bible very clearly warns us against.

It's wise to remember Phillipians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things. 9The things that YOU learned as well as accepted and heard and saw in connection with me, practice these; and the God of peace will be with you. "

you preferred Christian advice thogh! but through them away, some greedy unethecal people are behind making those publications and the money they get makes Africa hungrier , join me in islam let us star with neighbours let us see who have not seen their son and daughters for years and pay them a visit....

Source(s): muslim

I dont buy them, too many starving humans in Africa who can use the money.