Do you have to wait 7 days after starting a new pack of birth control before having sex?

I've been taking birth control for 3 months now. I took the 7 days of white pills while I was on my period (the sugar pills), and I just started my fourth month on Monday. My boyfriend and I had sex on Friday and the condom broke without us realizing, so now I'm left curious if the 3 months of pills has me... show more I've been taking birth control for 3 months now. I took the 7 days of white pills while I was on my period (the sugar pills), and I just started my fourth month on Monday.
My boyfriend and I had sex on Friday and the condom broke without us realizing, so now I'm left curious if the 3 months of pills has me covered, or if I was supposed to wait after starting a new pack, since I wasn't actually taking the pill for 7 days.

I know I probably sound stupid, but on the pack, it says if you miss a pill, you're supposed to wait seven days before having sex. So wouldn't it be the same thing if I am taking sugar pills during my period?

Sorry if this is complicated! Just freaking out a little!
1 answer 1