1234 asked in TravelAustraliaMelbourne · 8 years ago

what is 1 Australian shilling worth in Australian dollars today?

I am doing a project at school and i was wondering if anyone knew what one Australian shilling is worth in Australian dollars today.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1 shilling = 10 cents

Kids were robbed because there were 12 pennies to a shilling so they didn't get as many lollies for 10 cents !

Source(s): J..
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • linnea
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Australian Shilling

• 8 years ago

Phil, you've been overdosing on the Rosella "then there was the penny ... 10 pennies = 1 bob or 1 shilling". The shilling was pre-decimal and there were 12 pennies to the shilling.

I am currently reading Ken Follet's "World Without End" set in England in 1337 (at the moment) in the reign of Edward III. Everyone spoke in shillings and calculated in shillings which were 12 pennies or one 20th of a pound and yet at that time there were no shilling coins. "Shilling" was known from Old English, before the Norman Conquest with its value as I said, yet the first shilling coin did not appear until 1503 when it was issued by Henry VII.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Shillings were pre decimal and 20 shillings = 1 pound, at change over in 1966 a shilling converted to 10c. The coins themselves can be worth anywhere between 10c and a 1915 shilling in good condition could be worth several thousand dollars to a collector.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Memories huh? One bob, if you had one inyer pocket you could do all sorts. Half or 6 pence could get you into a Saturday matinee and the other half would buy so many lollies you'd be sick as a dog eating them all. Try doing all that today on 10 lousey cents. What a joke our money value has become.

EXAMPLE. 1972 XY Ford Falcon GTHO Phase 111 Shaker. Brand new off the floor $4ooo.

That wouldnt buy it's rear spoiler today.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No. Ever heard of Google? The Australian dollar has been worth more than the US dollar since the GFC.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Go Aussie !!

I moaned and bitched and carried on I was out 2 one penny bubblegums on my pocket money and no-one listened. I feel so exonerated now you have backed me up !

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Worth more than the U.S dollar.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.