Do I need to file for legal separation?? I'm In Maryland?

Okay so I left my husband about 6/7 weeks ago. Moved back in with my mother(I'm 19) and Social Services has been calling me(I have state insurance right now bc I'm pregnant) and the lady keeps saying she's needs proof we're separated.

So I said I would file for legal separation..only I searched it on the maryland courts website and it says : You do not need to file papers in Maryland in order to be “legally separated.” In order to establish that you are separated for the purposes of obtaining a divorce, you must:

Not reside under the same roof, and

Not engage in sexual intercourse with your spouse for the entire period of the separation through the date the divorce is granted.

So do I still need to go to the courthouse to file? I'm confused..And she needs proof by friday or else I have no insurance(And I have an appt on Friday)...So what do I do?? How do I prove we're separated?? And Do I need to file for divorce or separation?? Help!! Thanks! *Only helpful answers please, no rude/mean comments*

Believe me I've tried! She never answers. We keep missing each others calls. And I left her idk how many messages but she must not check them cause she always calls and says she's gotten no reply...

Favorite Answer

call you're case worker & asked her what kind of proof she will tell you

He moved. He'd have a lease in his call or along with his call on it, and not yours. He too is probably working there. there is an sufficient volume of evidence. See in case you will get a loose consultation at a close-by regulation place of work and ask added questions there. better of needs.