1.68 weighted GPA. Help applying for college?

Well yea I know with my GPA I most likely won't be going to a four year college, and I feel that I let my family down cause I slacked. But I need help, these past couple of days my family has been pressuring me about this college stuff. I don't know where to apply or if I have any chances, I'd like to get my GPA higher if that's possible, I'm entering my senior year in high school. My SAT score was 1220 I know that's not good but it was my first time taking it. So can anyone help me with this process? Are there any websites that could help me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Community colleges have "open admission" and would accept you. But you would probably be on some sort of conditional acceptance and required to take remedial coursework as well as a "college survival class," which is basically a study skills course that doesn't count for graduate credits.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Try a community college or technical school. Then, you can attempt to apply to a four year college or university. However, do not rule college completely out. Work hard this year and raise your GPA. Also, it would be best if you retook you SAT and tried to raise it. Get a tutor to help you with your school work. Apply to plenty of colleges, community colleges, universities, and technical schools. Any education after high school really helps you to get a higher paying job. College is not for everyone but at least attempt to go to a technical or trade school. Best of Luck!

• 8 years ago

Why is your school even letting you graduate? No 4 year school take you, not even the open enrollment ones. Anyway, try getting into a community college and focus on a trade. If you want to go to a 4 year university than you'll need to have a 2.5 or better to show you have improved and matured by attending community college.

• 8 years ago

Most likely?

How about no chance in hell.

It doesn't matter how many times you've taken the SAT, even retarded kids have scored higher.

Only college you have a shot at is community college.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Community college buddy.. No university will accept you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.