Anyone know of a way to naturally cure a urinary infection?

i know cranberry juice can help, is there any other at home remedys that are known to work? We don't have insurance and I really can't afford to go to the Doctor.

Favorite Answer

I suggest taking probiotic supplements once or twice a day. In my experience, it works wonders, improves overall health and immunity, and will help prevent UTI in the future. Also blueberries contain powerful antioxadants and affordble. I also read watermelon is beneficial.

• Gary K

Cranberry will not help cure a UTI. It may help prevent them, but will have no effect on and existing infection. You need antibiotics. Do not leave a UTI untreated, they can develop into very serious and potentially life-threatening kidney infections (pyelonephritis) that can permanently scar or damage the kidneys. The infection may also spread into the bloodstream (called sepsis) and then elsewhere in the body.

See: http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/how_serious_...

AZO is sold to relieve symptoms - it won't cure a UTI. From the AZO website FAQs:

"Will AZO STANDARD® and AZO STANDARD® Maximum Strength cure my UTI?

No, AZO STANDARD® and AZO STANDARD® Maximum Strength are not antibiotics. The only clinically proven cure for a UTI is a prescription antibiotic."

http://www.azoproducts.com/faq/azo_standard

Drink at least 1 gallon of water in a day.

Drink Bitter melon juice.

Eat all juicy fruit.

Avoid all the spicy food.

Avoid any solid food like wheat and starch.

And of course, cranberry juice.

Take a shower.

JUST WATER don't wash with soap because that can make it worse.

Drink cranberry juice.

Wear loose clothing

Sleep with no panties on.

Eat probiotic yogurt.

I've used AZO it's in the pharmacy dept. and it's not very expensive. it works but makes your urine red or orange while you are taking it.