How can I make my skin tone more even and my skin just look prettier?

I have kind of okay looking skin I get little bumps and whiteheads (that I'll admit I pick at and squeeze way to much) pretty much if you get really get close to my face I have these all over my face. I do get occasional zits if I eat bad or don't wash my face. Not like I did in middle school but I still... show more I have kind of okay looking skin I get little bumps and whiteheads (that I'll admit I pick at and squeeze way to much) pretty much if you get really get close to my face I have these all over my face. I do get occasional zits if I eat bad or don't wash my face. Not like I did in middle school but I still get them. Sometimes my skin is dry sometimes it's oily. I personally think I have large pores. I have kind an olive skin tone and I think my skin looks fine but then I'll take a picture with my ipod touch and I see all these spots and discolorations and it just looks awful. I would really like my skin to be healthy and all one tone and look good up close as air brushed as possible without no make-up because I don't really wear any because that crap makes me break out. Do y'all have any suggestions on what may help?