Question about stick insects?

I am planning on getting some stick insects but have a few things I am unsure of. Firstly, I need to decide which type to get. I am deciding between either the giant prickly stick insect or the indian stick insect (I live in Australia) which is better? I know the giant prickly stick insect is more sturdy but I find... show more I am planning on getting some stick insects but have a few things I am unsure of. Firstly, I need to decide which type to get. I am deciding between either the giant prickly stick insect or the indian stick insect (I live in Australia) which is better? I know the giant prickly stick insect is more sturdy but I find the Indian stick insect more attractive. So which do you think?
Also does the Indian stick insect eat eucalyptus/gum leaves?
Any other tips or thoughts are much appreciated! Btw I am 14 so also are these a good choice of pet that requires less maintenance than other animals and less space? Or would you recommend any other animals?
Thanks so much!