1, 因為我的opt快要到期, 如果在七月底八月初時登記申請, 我需要離境嗎? 還是說在美國登記申請後,可以繼續留下?
2, 如再七月底八月初登記申請, 我還可以繼續完成我現在的工作嗎? (與公司簽約到八月底)
3, 我知道我門需要的是I-130以及I-485 除此之外還需要什麼嗎? 因為我們傾向不請律師...
4, 結婚後, 在拿到臨時綠卡前, 是否可以另外申請EAD card以及工作呢?
Thanks for both answers.
Regarding to my second question, can I file my I-485 while I am still working? I was told that once I-485 is filed, I should not be working until my new EAD card is issued. Is this true? Would they know about it? (if I was working after I-485 was filed?)
- GaryLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
JJ - I am sorry. Some of your answers are actually wrong.
1. Leaving or not depends on if you have applied for adjustment of status (I-485/I-130/I-765) or not.
As soon as you apply for the adjustment as soon as possible, you will be fine (even after your current status expires - and please don't make it too late).
2. No - based on current USCIS progress, it takes about 2-3 months after you apply to receive your EAD with the new category (I-485 pending).
Since it is illegal for any employers to hire a person without proper employment authorization, as soon as your current EAD (OPT) ends, you can't work.
Continue to work may risk your chance in approval for the adjustment.
3. And I-765. Some people, who want to leave the U.S.during the application, may want to apply Advanced Parole (I-131) as well.
The instruction of each petition will tell you what exactly you will need to provide.
4. Yes - through I-765.
2012-07-24 01:07:22 補充：
2. No - you can continue to work until your current authorization has expired.
3. USCIS knows you are working now (based on F-1 OPT EAD requirement). So no need to worry.
2012-07-24 01:07:41 補充：
What you have to make sure is you don't work beyond the date you are allowed.
- JJLv 79 years ago
2. 可 申請I-765