Bruce survives obviously. If his Bat copter can go faster than missiles (which have a pick-up speed faster than bullets), obviously he ejected from the Bat before it went out to shore in Autopilot mode at a very fast speed. HE WOULD EJECT BEFORE GOING OUT TO SHORE to prevent himself from dying of hypothermia in the ocean. Either that or he flies away in another Bat copter and sends the autopilot-ted Bat to sea with the bomb.
There are also other scenes which prove Bruce survived:
1) The new repaired Bat light/sign/signal that Gordan discovers and feels with his hand right after attending Bruce's fake funeral. Obviously this was done by Bruce as a message to Gordon that he's alive. The police would not have repaired it BECAUSE they believe the batman is already dead. Bruce repaired it to pave way for a new Batman, which is most likely to be Blake, since the Batman can be any man.
2) Right after Blake collects the bag with coordinates to the batcave from the lady at the office, the same lady at that office mentions the missing necklace with white pearls. alfred must have been notified and he located Bruce with the tracking device in the necklace. Selina is wearing the necklace at the end
3) It is extremely implausible that Bruce would have drafted a REAL will that instructs Blake, whom he hardly knew earlier, to follow coordinates to his batcave. This has to be a FAKE will. In fact, it had to be after Bruce survived, that he decided to pass instructions to Blake.
4) When Alfred sees Bruce at the Cafe, Bruce is facing towards him, NOT AWAY with his back facing Alfred like in Alfred's fantasies.
5) There was A LOT of foreshadowing of the autopilot function. IT MUST HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN UTILIZED for the plot point to be relevant. Furthermore, there is a very obvious scene in which Lucius discovers that prototypes of the bat copter had already been upgraded with autopilot software by Bruce, 6 months ago way before Bane had started to wreak mayhem on Gotham. Otherwise, why the hell do they keep mentioning this plot point? for fun?
6) Bruce/Batman OBVIOUSLY LIES to Selina and Gordon that he had to manually steer the bomb away from the city to fake his death. In order to start a new life with Selina, they must initially believe he is dead to avoid arousing suspicion. Only after a while does he leave messages and clues that he is still alive. IT WAS ALL PART OF HIS PLAN.
7) Every other major character in the film has an epilogue. The only epilogue that Selina Kyle has is the scene in the Cafe. Hence, that scene had to be real.
SO PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME THIS AN OPEN-ENDED ENDING LIKE INCEPTION.
(by the way, Cobb is not dreaming at the end of inception because he is not wearing his REAL totem, his wedding ring, which only appears in his dreams. And his kids have grown up, as proven by an older pair of actors in the film credits)
· 7 years ago