MY PARROT WONT STOP SCREECHING AND SCREAMING HELP PLEASE... !?

I have a male amazon parrot about 5-6 years old, I got him from a friend of a friend who HAD to get rid of it because of it's HORRIBLE screaming problem. Let me tell you, this isn't some ordinary parrot noise, this is a full on SCREECH that you can hear from 5 houses down my street. in the beginning he... show more I have a male amazon parrot about 5-6 years old, I got him from a friend of a friend who HAD to get rid of it because of it's HORRIBLE screaming problem. Let me tell you, this isn't some ordinary parrot noise, this is a full on SCREECH that you can hear from 5 houses down my street.

in the beginning he wasn't so bad, we kept his cage next to my female amazon parrot.. then that's when his screeching habits began all over again. My mom couldn't take it and told me to put him in the garage, and i felt horrible cause he'd be lonely and it'd be hot. So i decided to put his cage into my room. He's so adorable, says good morning&goodnight.. i feel like i have a legit room mate lol.

His screeching is the biggest problem. During school I'd be stressed out trying to study then all of the sudden the loudest ear piercing screech rips your damn ear off, making you want to explode!! So I decided to spray some water on him every time he did that so he would know that it was wrong, so I could train him that way. It did not work. I've tried pulling his cage cover over his cage every time he did that, it did not work.

Now, as bad as this sounds, I've resorted to screaming back. I have so much hatred for myself for doing so, and half the time before I lose my cool I take his cage out into some other room or the garage just so I could have enough peace time to collect myself again. Then the other half.... I think you all get it.

I really don't know what it is, my mom said he wants attention, blablabla yeah but I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO:
1. completley ignore him every time he screeches and not pay ANY attention to him what so ever
2. talk to him calmly and try to make him say a couple words instead of screeching

I've tried to ignore him but i've failed at doing so because I feel that if I did, then he'd get, i don't know all lonely and then from then on he'd hate me or something. I'm the only one he pretty much "likes", no one else can stand him. I feel so bad cause he's so adorable, but I NEED HELP. I've looked on parrot sites and informations and everything but I've tried a lot of stuff yet I can't find anything that actually works.

I REALLY don't want to have to give him away, no matter what I won't... but I honestly cannot take this anymore.. I'm afraid I'll go completely insane and lose my cool 100% some day in the near future.. and I don't want that to happen. How can I stop him from doing this?! Is there a way I could make it die down to where he screeches less?? Can somebody PLEASE give me some tips? Anything? I highly appreciate any input you guys put!!!!! Thank you so much.