Bella asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

How to grow my hair longer quickly?

I just bought Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner today, and I'm going out to buy Biotin vitamins. IS there any other ways to grow my hair quickly besides eating healthier and not using heat products? Should I shower and comb my hair differently? Brands of leave in conditioner that has helped you? I would like to see longer hair before school starts back up. I have thick, curly brown hair that just barely comes to my breasts. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Definetly biotin it made my hair grow so quickly. Eatting healthy will boost the growth but its not a major part of hair growth. Dont wash your hair to much, give your hair scalp massages, do NOT comb your hair when it is wet (especially in the shower) if u have to comb it use a wide tooth comb, try not to dye your hair or do it less, do not use to much products in your hair. A lot has to do with the person some peoples hair grows like a marathon and some do not. I dont know about man n tail shampoo but i know it contains sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) its a very cheap cleansing agent that is in almost everything. I hear it dries the hair out and its not good for the scalp. But its up to you. I hope my info was helpful.

• Mimi

1- Use a brush with natural boar bristles.

2- Don't braid or put your hair in a ponytail when it is still wet.

3- cut on the chemical treatments such as bleaching, perms, coloring or highlighting.

4- Minimize heat styling with things such as hot combs, hair dryers and curling irons.

5- Although the best thing to do, is to avoid using heat styling, it is still important to dry your hairs roots after washing it.

6. Maintain a healthy diet - Eat eggs/meat/ fruits/vegetables/etc

7. Keep it trimmed

8-Massage the scalp - It helps the circulation going on your head

9. Don’t wash your hair every day

10. Comb after wash it - Dont Brush it

11. Always Use Heat Protectant when heat styling.

12- use a deep conditioner once a week

13- apply Moroccan oil or Argan oil on your hair every night before you go to sleep (They can be found in pretty much any store)

14- brush it once everyday to get the natural oils from your scalp to your hair so it makes it more healthier

15- Wash your hair with a Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner

16- Do braids in your hair before going to sleep, it also helps with the growing process

17- Home remedies could also help.

18- Never use elastic bands to secure hair unless they have fabric covering them.

Only get a trim every 6 months. Use sulfate-free shampoos and instead of using a regular conditioner, use a deep treatment conditioner. When out of the shower use a macadamia oil combined with a leave-in conditioner. Also, wash hair only every 3rd day. This will prevent hair from breaking as easily & keep your hair healthy.

Source(s): My long hair experience.
  • :)

I use Mane n' Tail and it makes your hair healthier which helps it to grow cos your hair can't grow if it's damaged and has split ends and what not. so you should start off by getting a trim to get rid of damaged ends then use the shampoo/conditioner, hair health should get better, and it might grow a bit faster. I've done it before but honestly i think it depends most on your individual genes because my sister's hair grows like crazy and mine takes ages. so use mane n tail, eat healthier, and avoid using heat on your hair as much as possible

i find these tricks very helpful!, tie your hair up in a bum a lot more often like around the house going to bed and all that, when you wash it and its damp brush it with a comb not a fine tooth comp cause that brakes wet hair but one where the teeth are very spaced out!, and i know people say get a trim every like 2-3 weeks but just don't its doesn't help the growth at all, and make sure you're eating very healthy also, go to a chemist and see what they have to say!:-) hope i help ye.. xo