promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Did Richard Harris die during a movie?

Now i dont mean a legit movie role. I know he died at 72 around 2002 i think (from what i looked up). I also know he played in most of the harry potter series as dumbledore and eventually dies (as int he book series).

My main question is did Harris die during the production of one of the Harry Potter movies before his role was supposed to die or did he die after his roles as dumbledore have been fullfilled?

also did he play anything else after the harry potter movies?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Richard Harris played Dumbledore in the first 2 movies- Harry Potter and the Philisopher's Stone(2001) and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets(2002). He died in 2002 after they had finished the movie.ANd no, that was the final movie of his life/career, he died shortly before the premiere.

After that, Michael Gambon played the role of Albus Dumbledore in the next 6 movies. The character of Dumbledore dies in the 6th book/movie. The 6th movie came out in 2009 and that's when his character died, so it was 7 years after Harris' death. The 6th book was out by 2005 though.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Silver
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Richard harris, already a renowned actor, became known to a new generation of film fans through his role as Professor Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - the first movie based on JK Rowling's tales of the boy wizard.

He had just finished work on the second Harry Potter movie, Chamber of Secrets, when he became ill.

Harris had expected to be discharged in time to work on the third Potter film, The Prisoner of Azkaban.

More here... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/2362935.s...

Source(s): eaabc
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.