Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 8 years ago

2nd lobe piercing (multiple questions)?

I got my first lobe piercing done about 2 years ago when I was 12 and was OK with the pain (I'm rubbish with pain) and I was wandering how much more the second hurt?

Also I've seen a few people say not to get it done with a gun because it messes up your ear but I though that was just when it involved cartilage and if that is right does it really matter because I don;'t know any places near me that do it with needles?

Finally, does anyone know a vague price and how long it takes until you can take them out is it basically just the same as the first but higher up?

Sorry it's quite wordy but I panic over things,

any answers would be great, thank you. xx

Favorite Answer

The second one should be just the same amount of pain as the first. If you have a high intolerance to pain, I would suggest taking an advil or ibuprofen beforehand.

Guns are fine. They're actually safer.

I know that Claire's charges anywhere from 20 to 50+ dollars depending on the quality of earrings you want. You have to leave them in for 6-8 weeks, and then you can switch them out for another pair. If you take them out before that, the hole will start to close.

Don't worry, you will be fine! They're definitely worth it. And if you feel way to anxious about it, maybe just try to buy ear cuffs and see how you like them. No piercings needed they just hug around your ears. Look them up! :)

Good Luck!!

Source(s): I pierce ears.

Manda is an idiot.

NO piercings should EVER be done with a gun, even your lobes. Guns rip, not pierce. They force a blunt end through multiple layers of skin adding unnecessary trauma. They can also not be properly sterilized. Alcohol wipes sanitize, not sterilize. There's a big difference. They are used repeatedly on different people in a not sterilized environment, all which can lead to a nasty infection. it doesn't matter if someone else got lucky with guns, doesn't mean YOU will. It's not worth the risk and unnecessary damage. Go to your local reputable tattoo parlor and have it done with a NEEDLE. Ear piercings can range anywhere from $20-$50.

The 2nd won't hurt any more or less. All the rules to your 1st still apply to the second.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to message me.

I just got mine done and it hurts exactly the same as the other one (even less for me, but that could be because i was 5 years older). As for using a gun, that's perfectly fine (i got mine done with one). You're right, using a gun can shatter the cartilage and that hurts like hell. As long it's just the lobe, there's no problem. I got mine done at claire's. They don't charge you for the piercing, just for the earring. I only got one second piercing (only on my left ear), so i only had to pay for one earring. I think it was somewhere around 35 dollars, so around 70-75 for both. It's 6 weeks before you can change them, and 6 months before you can wear any hoops.

Hope that helped!

it is totally uncommon that a piercer will use a gun on a cartilage piercing, it is totally distinctive to the prevalent tissue of your earlobes. you may desire to assume a needle. Your soreness tolerance would be distinctive while in comparison with others, I quite have had 2 cartilage piercings and a conch piercing (the interior cartilage of my ear) and did not have any problems with soreness. i could recommend it if it replaced into some thing which you have your heart set on doing, in any different case there is quite no element in getting the technique completed. the only element which you are going to be able to desire to evaluate is which place which you want to sleep in, you wont % to be snoozing on the clean piercing because it is going to maximum in all probability reason inflammation. i'm Australian (we've not got a "Claire's" here) yet any piercing or tattoo save that has sparkling and sterilized equipment. (the place did you get your earlobes pierced? in case you had a stable adventure are you able to go decrease back there to your cartilage piercing?) stable success!

Do it with a gun. Gun. Gun. Gun. NEVER needle. I have had mine done 7 times, and NEVER had anything BUT A GUN! IT WORKS BETTER! Trust me.

Walmart is freee, just pay for the earrings.

Claire's costs 30+ dollars.