I'm OK with having the right to own a gun, however why the heck are guns allowed in movie theaters?
How did that gunman enter that place WITH a gun anyway? Where's the security?
james bond give me a break dude
The gun-nutters insist that if the audience members in that movie theatre were armed, they could have stopped the killer in his tracks.
That is an incredibly stupid idea.
For the following reasons:
1) Theatre is a dark, confined space, limited visibility.
2) Attacker has element of surprise.
3) Attacker used some kind of smoke screen, further degrading visibility.
4) Panicked people running in all directions in the dark.
5) Armed law-abiding citizens confuse one another for the attacker and start shooting.
This type of scenario is something that even elite anti-terrorist commandos trained in CQB would find very daunting, and those guys train relentlessly.
In short, the gun-nutters who advocate this idea are talking out of their azzz, and are a bunch of wanna-be Rambos.
- LANLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Security? At a movie theater? It's not like theaters are gold depositories. From what I here he sneaked in an exit.
- JimboLv 79 years ago
He entered WITH the guns through and open outside escape door. He didn't come in the front door. THIS is a prime example of how facts get distorted. As for the "gun-nutters", you plainly don't know what the hell you're talking about.
- CodyLv 69 years ago
The guns, gas mask, armor and ammunition was left behind the theater near an emergency exit. Holmes paid his way into the theater, then slipped out the emergency exit and retrieved his weaponry.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Yea.. go figure..
A criminal/psycho ignored the law and brings a gun into a "gun free zone"
A microcosm of America should liberals get their wish of a gun ban.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
That theater prohibited the carrying of weapons. The law and signs did nothing to stop this guy.
- princess pounderLv 79 years ago
That's why guns should be carried... because no one else can secure (protect) you better than you can yourself.
- 9 years ago
Outlaws have guns! believe it..