I'm OK with having the right to own a gun, however why the heck are guns allowed in movie theaters?

How did that gunman enter that place WITH a gun anyway? Where's the security?

Update:

james bond give me a break dude

The gun-nutters insist that if the audience members in that movie theatre were armed, they could have stopped the killer in his tracks.

That is an incredibly stupid idea.

For the following reasons:

1) Theatre is a dark, confined space, limited visibility.

2) Attacker has element of surprise.

3) Attacker used some kind of smoke screen, further degrading visibility.

4) Panicked people running in all directions in the dark.

5) Armed law-abiding citizens confuse one another for the attacker and start shooting.

This type of scenario is something that even elite anti-terrorist commandos trained in CQB would find very daunting, and those guys train relentlessly.

In short, the gun-nutters who advocate this idea are talking out of their azzz, and are a bunch of wanna-be Rambos.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Security? At a movie theater? It's not like theaters are gold depositories. From what I here he sneaked in an exit.

• Jimbo
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

He entered WITH the guns through and open outside escape door. He didn't come in the front door. THIS is a prime example of how facts get distorted. As for the "gun-nutters", you plainly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

• Cody
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The guns, gas mask, armor and ammunition was left behind the theater near an emergency exit. Holmes paid his way into the theater, then slipped out the emergency exit and retrieved his weaponry.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yea.. go figure..

A criminal/psycho ignored the law and brings a gun into a "gun free zone"

A microcosm of America should liberals get their wish of a gun ban.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

That theater prohibited the carrying of weapons. The law and signs did nothing to stop this guy.

• 9 years ago

That's why guns should be carried... because no one else can secure (protect) you better than you can yourself.

• 9 years ago

Outlaws have guns! believe it..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.