Gavin asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 8 years ago

What things will i prepare?

Hi! Everyone:

I am a junior in college, I am planning to go abroad study. I want to go to America for graduate degree. What things will i prepare? I know that

TOEFL, GRE, My college's score report, the letter of recommedation, an autobiography, study plan. however, What will i prepare for graduate degree expect for

things i wrote? And i decided to study linguistics but those who finished their graduate degree said we must take GMAT. So, I search for about it, it is for business. Will i take it?

Thank you!

Rating
  • 張輝
    Favorite Answer

1. TOEFLibt=80+ (many reputed schools preferred 100+)

2. GRE ( except Business school )

3. Sealed transcripts and degree diplomas in English

4. Three recommenders

5. Study Plan or Statement of Purpose (500~600 words )

6. Writing Samples

7. Resume

8. Bank certificates ( English version )

And i decided to study linguistics but those who finished their graduate degree said we must take GMAT. So, I search for about it, it is for business. Will i take it?

It is totally wrong. Only Business schools need GMAT scores for graduate students.

You'd better to take the GRE test.

All the best~張臨輝

Source(s): 留美
  • RenRen

not, you don't need take GMAT for linguistic programs

that's for business major (unless you're going change your major to something related to business)

• MB.WPG

Not all graduate schools (For linguistics) require GMAT or GRE. It depends on the ranking of the schools. More than 60%, you'll need to do these exams for top 100.

2012-07-21 14:56:06 補充:

The first thing you need to do is to improve your English. Since your major for undergraduate is Linguistics (I guess), your English is way not enough to get into these program.

2012-07-21 15:00:39 補充:

Linguistics involves a lot of programs, such as: Anthropological linguistics, social linguistics, Gender linguistics, Linguistics diciplinary, psycholinguistics, ASL, and so on. Those topics are just general programs. U have to make them more precise.

2012-07-21 15:00:52 補充:

You have to think what you wanna do in order to write your study plan (It can also be something like proposal). In your proposal, you have to clearify what you want to do.

2012-07-21 15:03:33 補充:

An autobiography and a study plan are usually together, and are no more than 5 pages. This one is hard enough and the most important for you to do. So, if I were you, I would start it right now.