I found this in the Bible and found it disturbing ?

So, am I bound to be put to death if I read horoscopes ?

Leviticus 20:27 "'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

Favorite Answer

We are delivered from the law: Romans 7:6

in reply to deliver us from evil: Matthew 6:13

• ?

You shouldn't be worried about being put to death. That was part of the old law. However, it is dangerous to even dabble in things like that, no matter how harmless it may seem.

Leviticus 19:26

26 Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Isaiah 47:13-14

13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.

14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

Jeremiah 10:2

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, *witchcraft*, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Don't worry. These are some of the laws that are to be applied only in a Torah state. But there's a catch - in a Torah state, no one would want to do any of those things, so the death penalty wouldn't be applied anyway.

Zvi the Fiddler

I don't really think so. Maybe, it just wants us to know that reading horoscopes is not good for it does not really determine your fate or what because no one knows what will happen except God alone

• Joshua

Jesus got rid of all that old testament crap.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

I found many disturbing verses in the bible.

very creepy indeed.

Penalty of death is revoked thanks to Christ. Next question please?