does part time employees qualify fpr workmans comp?

i am prn on my job, meaning i work on a as needed scale, i get about 65-70hrs every two weeks, i was hurt on the job, i am out on med leave, the job is paying for my physical tpy, and meds, but i don't know if i qualify for workmans comp. advise?

I AM PRN ON MY JOB, MEANING I WORK WHEN NEEDED, I AM NOT FULL TIME, I WORK ON A TIER, MEANING I HAVE TO GIVE THEM 60HRS A MONTH IF THE CENSUS IS GOOD, I HAVE BEEN WORKING THOUGH, I HURT MY BACK ON THE JOB IM OUT NOW AND THE JOB IS PAYING MY MED BILLS, BUT HR HAS NOT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ME GETTING PAID THROUGH WORKMANS COMP, AM I ELIGEABLE SINCE I AM PART TIME, IM IN LOUISIANA.

Favorite Answer

Yes. Workers compensation laws have no exemption for how many hours you work.

If you're actually asking about lost wages coverage, that would vary by state law, and in Louisiana, it's your average wages over the last four weeks you worked. There's a seven day wait period before you're eligible for lost wages, that's AFTER a doctor says you can't work. Once the doctor says you can't work for six whole weeks, those first seven days also get covered.

all employees if you work 1 hour or 40 qualify for workers comp in all states. The physical therapy and meds are being paid via workers comp. If you have consistently gotten those hours you will be paid for your time off work, after you complete the waiting period (3-15 days depending on the state).

• Rob

depends on state workman comp laws.

contact state offices.

Source(s): employer