Is this just propaganda?

In the wake of last nights shooting in Colorado, I was watching the CNN where they aired a 15 minuet segment about the evils of guns. Not one word was mentioned about the fact that someone had to aim and fire the gun(s). To me, this sounded like more brainwashing tactic by our government in a ploy to aid in... show more In the wake of last nights shooting in Colorado, I was watching the CNN where they aired a 15 minuet segment about the evils of guns. Not one word was mentioned about the fact that someone had to aim and fire the gun(s). To me, this sounded like more brainwashing tactic by our government in a ploy to aid in disarming American citizens, and doing away with our constitutional rights to bear arms.
It is absurd to think guns kill people. People kill people, and that is how it is.
Although tragic, my heart goes out to victims and those directly effected.
Another thing that amazes me, is a young woman shoots and kills a home invader. The victim is a repeat offender on parole for violent rape. Not one word was printed nor one moment aired in mainstream media about the event. This has happened numerous times without a whisper.
Just the other day, a 71 year old man, licensed to carry, thwarted a would be robbery by two suspects(apprehended) without injuries. This sure went quiet fast.
This Theater shooter, would not have tried this in a small town in Texas where 50 % of the population caries firearms. This city has the lowest crime rate of any city in the US.
I feel this event is just more fodder for gun control, possibly making gun ownership illegal.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. Sleep well tonight.
Update: Regino, although your point is good, the next time you are robbed, please ask the robber to hang on while you phone the police and wait for a response.
Art: one of my points exactly.