Why is female to male rape not considered that bad?

I was talking about rape with my brother and he was going on about how awful it is when men rape women. I said, 'You do realise that men can be raped too', he replied 'yeah, well that's not really that serious' and his tone implied that it was one of the most light hearted topics ever. The... show more I was talking about rape with my brother and he was going on about how awful it is when men rape women. I said, 'You do realise that men can be raped too', he replied 'yeah, well that's not really that serious' and his tone implied that it was one of the most light hearted topics ever. The conversation could have easily been, 'You stole my chocolate!' 'Yeah, but I'll buy you another one, it's not that bad'. Anyway, my jaw dropped and I couldn't speak and then when I did I practically shouted at him and went 'ANY RAPE IS AWFUL'. He seems to think that if a guy is raped by a man it's awful, but if a woman rapes a man, it's all some big joke.

While it is far less common, and a lot harder to a woman to rape a man, it's still possible, there are many ways. She might well be stronger than him, and even if she isn't, there are still ways that she can overpower him. There are many ways a woman can rape a man, I'm not going to be too explicit, but if you've seen the revenge scene from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, then you'll know what I'm on about. I know that some men fantasise about being raped by really hot females, but the keyword is 'fantasise', there are some women who fantasise about being raped, but in real life, anyone would find it disgusting and horrible unless they had some mental issues.

Anyway, why is it considered some big Joke. Why is any type of abuse from female to male considered not that bad. For instance, I personally know men who still suffer from being the victim of abusive relationships with females, and those relationships ended around 20 years ago. And yes, it was physical abuse, not just emotional abuse. Anyway, why don't people see it as that bad, if anything it's worse because people have no sympathy and treat it like some big joke, imagine being raped, going to the police for help, only to have it treat as some big joke.

Thinking about it, man on man abuse isn't seen as 'that bad' as well. I've actually heard men reveal that they were raped or sexually abused in some other way by a man, and then another bloke's first responce was 'Haha, that means your gay cos you've had sex with a man'. For a start it's not, 'having sex' and secondly, it doesn't make someone gay.