Why or why not should we re-elect Obama as president?

I am 19 years old and will be voting for my first time in November. I used to like Obama but after my political science class I have started to question some of the things he does as president. Is it true that he is passing laws in ways that go against the constitution and the beliefs our country was founded on? What positive and negative policies has he passed for America? Issues like gay marriage, birth control, and abortion are good things to think about but I feel as if they are just distractions from the big issues this country faces like its National Debt. I would like to hear what you guys have to think about President Obama. Also I would appreciate any websites or articles you find interesting on this subject. Please only tell me your opinions or send me articles that are based on SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE or else your opinion is invalid and based purely on your emotions. Thank You.

Well, first I'll start out by saying that the president is a human being and that the president does not have absolute control (there are checks and balances to the system.

Honestly, I don't particularly like Obama, but it's him VS Romney at this point and I'll vote for Obama just to make sure Romney doesn't get it.

I think you need to understand that reproductive rights and homosexual rights are a big deal and do tie in with our economy.

In the past few months we've seen Republicans withdraw the equal pay act, which would force employers to pay women equal to the men in their same position.

We've seen them oppose the Lillian Act, which would allow women to sue if they aren't payed equal.

Obama supports that act.

Several states are trying their hardest to make it illegal to get an abortion.

Several states have said the moral beliefs of doctors and pharmacists are more important than the health of their patients. That even with a doctor's note, a pharmacist wouldn't have to prescribe birth control.

That doctors could legally lie to a pregnant person if they thought that something with the pregnancy would lead to them seeking an abortion, and the law protects them from being sued even if the pregnant person dies because of it.

We've seen Republicans say that employers should be able to not hire someone based on their sexuality.

We've even seen members of churches call to have homosexuals put into concentration camps, and quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if there were politicians who would try if they thought they could get away with it.

Quite frankly the only people who could call these a distraction are those who are ignorant of the consequences and those who believe if it doesn't directly effect them then it doesn't matter.

Romney has already said he's going to attack porn.

Romney has already admitted he doesn't care about the poor.

He wants to get rid of Police, Fire Departments, EMS.

If his positions weren't bad enough, the fact that he can't make up his mind on whether he's coming or going makes him even worse.

He just isn't good president material.

Obama is a great "dude", but lousy President. He talks great, acts great, and always says what the audience he is talking to wants to hear.

I listen toa lot of opinions, news, read on-line news, read news papers, listen to the radio talk shows, etc.

I drive a semi for a living throughout the USA and lived there for 25 years. I have no dog in the hunt, but I can tell you that man is causing a division amongst groups of people, blacks and whites, rich and poor, business and gov, hispanics, etc.

It is DANGEROUS what he is doing. If you have ever been in or near a riot, in or near a OWS event, you will know that it is not a safe place to be.

How can a society survive with constant promotion of different points of view that are controversial, by a leader that many people love and trust? By controversial I mean, many issues Obama is for, millions of Americans are against.

Rich people, business people, white people, are Americans too! Do they not count? He speaks of the top 1% not paying their fair share. Really? They pay 65% of the national revenue.

As much as 50% of Americans do not pay ANYTHING!! is that fair?

Electing Obama again will ENSURE more people will be on food stamps, on welfare, or unemployment. These people are not going to vote out a man that gives them free stuff. Now that is 50% of the people right now, in 4 years, he will make it 65%. then you will NEVER get rid of this type of unsustainable dependance on gov.

Do you REALLY want to live in a country like that?

Its easy to see that your political science teacher is a Republican. Republicans believe in less government control brings better economy and growth. Democrats believe in a more government involvement in the control of the country for the better improvement of all people.

Republican policy was to put more money in the rich's people hands and it would trickle down to the little people. Wrong, it just caused them to steal more and cut jobs to better there bottom line. Its obvious that we today need to keep an eye on the abuses of wall street and corporations who run our country and politicians.

Democrats do take some from the rich and help the less fortunate, which today is the unemployed and the poor. Why that is a bad thing i do not know.

To me it seems the Republicans want no government involvement. That is were we are headed and when it happens you will see the corporations run the government like it is done today. I doubt you could find one honest politician on capital hill today. That is my take.

We should not because he has failed to make the economy better like he promised in 2008. All I have heard him propose is taxing the wealthy and that simply will do nothing to help the economy and all his other policies have failed and he is not smart enough to come up with something that will work but continues to propose things that have already failed. Romney has a plan that might work but Obama's plan has failed and there is no need to stay with failed policies.

• ?

No. There isn't any have to make excuses for someone about doing crappy seeing that their job is hard. He sucks. He is with no trouble offering cover for the equal class of crook Bush and his predecessors blanketed for.

"Please only tell me your opinions or send me articles that are based on SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE or else your opinion is invalid and based purely on your emotions"

19 and ignorant. Probably not (all) your fault...

Doesn't matter WHO gets in there. You haven't been on this rock long enough to realize that Dems AND Repubs are this country's greatest threat. Both want to destroy America...they just spout different rhetoric, but the end result is the same. Get a clue, please.

Should not

OBAMA "ACCOMPLISHMENTS" after 4 years in office:

* $16 TRILLION in DEBT and climbing

* $1.5 Trillion average deficit/year

* $5+ Trillion debt in 3 years

* $818+ Billion wasted Stimulus

* Obamacare - HUGE taxes on the middle class

* 8.3% Declared unemployment (real unemployment 16%+)

* 20% Declared underemployment

* 1645+ days without a budget (Last 3 voted DOWN 99-0, 414-0, 97-0)

* 3 US Credit Rating Downgrades

* DOUBLING the price of gasoline exactly as he said he would.

* HIGHEST number of unemployed Americans IN HISTORY.

* HIGHEST number of poverty level Americans IN HISTORY.

* HIGHEST budget deficits IN HISTORY.

* HIGHEST national debt IN HISTORY.

* HIGHEST rate of increase of national debt IN HISTORY.(52 TRILLION plus)

* WORST depression i

Obama kept none of his 2008 campaign promises.

Ending wars

decriminalizing pot

green jobs

Amnerican infrastructure updates

marcging WITH unions- raising wages to meet living costs----

To show him that we know- vote 3rd party.

Mother Hubbard is wrong, Obama ended the Iraq War.

• Because hes got skittles