Will taking nyquil to go to sleep once be harmful? or a bad idea?

Im a boxer and i have a big bout tomorow and i have to wake up early, ive been sleeping around 2 or 3 in the morning every night because its summer vacation for me and i even sleeping late i cant fall asleep. i ussualy go to bed around 2 AM then lay down for an hour then fall asleep, i need a good 8 hour sleep so i can perform at my best. willl taking nyquil to sleep early affect my performance tomorow or any chance affect my stamina? and if you've took nyquil before to fall asleep, did you feel more tired when you woke up? please answer fast thank you!

• bpgeck
    Favorite Answer

very very bad idea. It can leave you dazed and loopy the next day and when the nyquil wears off your immune system will be weakened

• cleora

Insomnia may also be very irritating. There are other over the counter meds that could be useful such as Sominex, Compoz, Nytol, Sleepinal and Unisom that are antihistamines. If you are inclined to antihistamines they may aid, but for some humans they work the reverse. Usual compounds akin to melatonin may aid but you could have very vivid desires *all night time long*. Most of this stuff reasons hangovers the next day. I'd no longer use Nyquil for greater than a few days. The reason it briefly works is the quantity of alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol). It is like taking a shot of whisky and four pills of Tylenol (500 mg every). Alcohol is certainly addictive. It works considering the fact that it can be a principal anxious method depressent however may also have an effect on the liver, mind and other programs. It would not take a lot to study the dangers. Acetaminophen is very difficult on the liver. Most authorities I've talked to claim that any dosage over 2000 mg is inflicting everlasting liver injury. Coupled with alcohol use, it's a bad combination for some thing over 3 days. By no means take greater than what's listed on the bottle and in no way take more acetaminophen when taking Nyquil. The only serious method you'll be able to be equipped to sleep is lessen the stress...Yeah i know simpler mentioned than executed. You've obtained to find a way to take delivery of your limits. Excellent luck

If you have never taken it before and don't know how it will affect you, then I would say no. On many people it has the effect of making them groggy the next morning, although some of this feeling can be offset by a cup of strong coffee.

If you already know how it affects you and you don't get groggy, then take 1/2 dose early when you first go to bed.