If you buy a product in Holland, say a 500 ml. pack of Milk, it shows 500 ml e on the pack. What is that e for?

- this e after ml is much bigger than the letters ml. What does this letter e mean? Even a 500 gm pack of anything shows 500 gm e on the pack! I noticed this on all packaged products while traveling in Holland and no one was able to tell me the meaning of that letter 'e' when I asked about it...
Update: A big THANK YOU to "deddo" - for explaining the "e" Mark on all these food products that I noticed but didn't know what it was. Surprising that no one I met while traveling in Holland could tell me what it was. Thanks again :)
Update 2: A big THANK YOU to "deddo" - for explaining the "e" Mark on all these food products that I noticed but didn't know what it was. Surprising that no one I met while traveling in Holland could tell me what it was. Thanks again :)
Update 3: I think I clicked on SUBMIT button twice !!!!! :D
Update 4: I think I clicked on SUBMIT button twice !!!!! :D
1 answer 1