Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

What does it mean when a girl says "let's just stay friends."?

Okay there was this girl I liked and that liked me too. We started talking for a little while but one day she sent a text saying she needed to talk. Apperently there was this guy she liked before me and her started and she said she was going to go for him and that we should stay just friends. But it turns out the the other dude didn't want her, and she said she's not going to just come running back to me after what she did. So right now all I know is we're still friends. Is there any chance for something to happen between us in the future or is it a cut your losses and move on kind of thing.

Favorite Answer

She only sees you as a friend nothing more.

• maxine

There isn't a convenient answer. It is mostly now not a good sign. However it particularly depends upon whether or not she says it on her possess, or in reaction to some thing you said. She might have observed you are interested, and she or he's not however wants to permit you to down effortless. It is usually viable that she's undecided or drawn to you but now not equipped to do whatever. Either way, you must act as if that was your intention all alongside and you're amazed that she even had to say that within the first place. You should make her consider just a little embarrassed that she even stated that because you suggestion it used to be obvious.

How i see it is she wants to be more now that the guy rejected her, but she knows that's rude to do so she's just going to stay friends with you until she stops feeling bad about it. But why would you want to go out with her anymore anyways? She chose someone over you & the only reason she would come back to you is because the guy never wanted her. Don't be the rebound guy or the second choice.

It means that you now have a choice of action.

(1) If you can accept her as a friend, do so but look for love elsewhere; or

(2) If you can't accept her as a friend because of your romantic feelings for her, then cut her loose and look for love elsewhere; or

(3) Keep after her and maybe she'll give in to your love someday.

I advise against (3).

Source(s): A broken heart in 1985 that I still feel today.

She doesn't want to seem desperate or anything maybe in the future you will be able to go out but i really doubt it will be to soon. Why Don't you ask her out in a week or two?

It means that she only wants to be friends

She is probably just embaressed to come running back to you after that. There my be a chance..

she means that she doesnt wanna make it seem like/turn you into that guy she goes to when the guy she really wants turns her down

she doesnt want anything more than friendship with you

It means you got friend zoned. Sorry.

it means that you will never see her naked. ever. move on, buddy.