HELP? does ear piercing hurt at all?

Hi, I am 14 and I am getting my ears pierced for the first time tomorrow. I am going to Carol Baker Visage, so it is being done by professionals. I just want to know does it hurt? I have asked my friends, and some say it doesn't and some say it hurts alot! PLEASE HELP ME? Also should I use numbing cream so it doesn't? thanks!

Favorite Answer

I was 14 when I got my ears done! I got myself so worked up about it then when I got them done, I could barely tell they did anything! You can do it! It won't bleed, it'll be sore for a few days. But once it heels you'll have freedom of every earring you wanna wear! Good luck! :)

I got my ears pierced when I was 6, and in the end, I didn't think it hurt too much. I felt a little pinch.I got both my ears done at the same time, so I didn't have to sit through 2 piercings. It was just a quick feeling of pressure and then gradually wore off within a short amount of time. If you want to take Advil or use a cream go ahead, but I doubt you will need to. Getting your ears pierced is totally worth it. As long has you don't go a long while without wearing earings, you can wear them for the rest of your life! I love earings and they are a beautiful, girly, and there are so many different types of them.

Good Luck!

Never heard of Carol Baker Visage but it doesn't hurt. Its just a quick click. Most piercers do not want any numbing cream used because it interferes with the piercing process, you can call ahead and ask their policy on that. I've had my nostril and navel pierced and trust me, ear piercing isn't anything compared to those two.

I had mine done when I was a few months lol but it's like probably the least painful place to get pierced because it's just soft skin! And no it won't hurt that bad so don't get your self work up for nothing!

Yes, but don't be a baby, it's not that bad! People will think you are immature and weak if you whine about it. Honestly, its more of a shock than a pain, like if you accidentally stub your toe, you feel more of a shock and then pain, but ear piercing isn't really all that much pain because its a tiny hole.

Yes it hurts. Thats why they pierced mine when I was a baby.

Well, you are mutiliating your body by putting a hole through it. Yes, I would say that you will feel that to some degree.