Buying a graphics card for a game? Please help?

Hi, I want to start playing a game called Guild Wars 2. I already bought it, and beta gameplay starts today. When I tried downloading the installer to play it, it kept failing and I found out that my graphics card was probably the cause of this (I used the "Can you RUN it?" website and it said that I met all of the minimum requirements except for my Video Card.)

Since I'm going to need to buy a new graphics card, I'm obviously going to want to try to get the best one I can that's affordable for me. So now I have some basic questions: I only meet the minimum required specs for the game in all other aspects. So even if I do get a pretty decent Video Card, hopefully at least average, will I still be able to have enjoyable gameplay despite only having the minimum requirements in all other fields?

And, I can install any type of Video Card into my computer, right?

And finally, I have no idea which card to get. Could you help me find one? This is obviously the most important question to me. I think it would be reasonable to spend approx. $100 for a new card, and I'm willing to go up to $150, but I'll go up to $200 if it comes to it, although I wouldn't really like to do that at all.

In case you're curious, here are some of the specs I'm running on:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

2.2 GHz

2.0 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Realtek High Definition Audio

174.9 GB Free Space

I've posted this question a million times, but it keeps getting disregarded because of the links I'm putting in. For the min./rec. specs for the game I want and the site I was planning to buy a graphics card from, you can go to my profile and check out my Asked Questions. It should have the same title as this. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hi i know your problem you should by Ati Radeon X1550 series 256 mb graphic card